Reload this Page >

Puerto Vallarta,Mazatlan or Ixtapa

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 05:20 AM
Karen

We are plannning a trip in Jan or Feb and are leaning toward P.V. Would like opinions on this and other sites listed. We enjoy shopping, restaurants, tours, sightseeing, and snorkeling, but are not much on the nightlife. Which place do you think we would enjoy most. We liked Playa Del Carmen very much on a previous trip.

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 09:14 AM
Jennifer

I would say PV, I was there last november, and loved it, It doesnt seem very touristy, we went on a few tours, the jungle tour ws awesome, you ride go-cart like things up into hte jungle and thrugh small villages and end up at hte Predator set, where htere is a great restaurant, with a waterfall, that you can slide down, The snorkeling and the scuba diving was wonderful!I highly reccomend it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old Nov 6th, 2000, 03:32 PM
Vanessa

I've never been to Mazatlan but I have been to PV and Ixtapa. <BR> <BR>Ixtapa was my favourite of the the two but I think PV would be more what you're looking for. It's larger than Ixtapa and, therefore, has more shopping and restaurants. I also think there was better selection of tours and sightseeing. It also has more nightlife. <BR> <BR>I enjoyed Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo because it was smaller and more "Mexican".

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 12:59 AM
Pancho

I used to live in Mazatlan and visit there frequently. However I do not recommend Mazatlan. I only visit there becuase I have a lot of family in that area. Ixtapa is nice but does not give you the total experience that Puerto Vallarta will. I have also visited these area many times. My choice would be Puerto Vallarta.

Old Nov 7th, 2000, 06:50 AM
JRinPV

Mazatlan is a bit run down these days. Ixtapa was built solely for tourists. Vallarta is my home and I love it. Come and enjoy. <BR>Hasta, JR

Old Nov 11th, 2000, 08:47 AM
jj

I agree with the previous post. I have been to all three, and P.V. is prettier, more interesting, and the only one of the 3 that I would return to.

Old Nov 17th, 2000, 04:01 AM
shelly

My husband and I vacationed in PV six times and love its charm, the friendly people, the quaint town and the wonderful restaurants. We make an evening of watching the sunset over dinner and then strolling through town, which is quite safe to do.Shops are open late and the area is alwys populated in the evenings. Taxis are plentiful and inexpensive from your hotel. We enjoy good food and I have a list of restaurants the we have recommended to friends over the years that they have equally enjoyed. Contact me if you'd like them or if you have any other questions I might be able to answer. We have also been to Ixtapa but it doesn't compare to PV's charm.

Old Nov 22nd, 2000, 08:50 AM
dan

If you have to go to a resort I find Puerto Vallarta has the best temps and the friendliest people. If you want a taste of Real Mexico I suggest wandering further away from the resort south to the Bay of Tenacatita. Check it out at: www.choice1.com/villamontana.htm <BR>