Search

Puerto Vallarta in June

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 1999, 01:44 PM
Dennis

Puerto Vallarta in June

My family and I p[lan to visit Puerto Vallarta June 10-15. We have heard that it is very hot and humid at that time. Also we have heard that June is the beginning of the rainly season and that it rains every day. That could spoil a vacation! Is this true? Also we were thinking about staying at the Marriott. Any comments?

Old Feb 23rd, 1999, 11:56 PM
MexicoMike

You have the weather picture down pretty pat. The answer is yes. Whether it ruins your vacation depends on your tolerance for heat and humidity.

Old Feb 25th, 1999, 04:39 PM
Debbie

Hi Dennis -- Puerto Vallarta is beautiful !! It's a city framed by the ocean and the mountains. There are plenty of things to do if (when) you grow tired of laying on the beach. Heat and humidity will be quite high in June. You might want to keep some bottled water with you as you tour the city. <BR> <BR>If you're still looking at places to stay, consider The Camino Real, at the southern end of PV. This is an absolutely beautiful property with first rate service. Hotel drinking water completely safe. It'll cost about $3.00/cab ride to town from the CR. <BR> <BR>Let me suggest EL SET as the setting to enjoy a beautiful sunset while enjoying delicious food. The EL SET is only about a 10-minute walk from the CR. For an adventure, try a jungle restaurant. We enjoyed Chino's Paradise (near La Jolla de Mismaloya hotel). Getting to Chino's is half the fun!! We also enjoyed PIPI's and LAS PALYMAS (both in town), CAFE DE OLLA (near Los Arcos Hotel), and LOS ARBORLITOS (unless you have a car, grab a taxi for this trip). <BR> <BR>If you have time, make plans to attend a Fiesta. The Krystal Hotel has a pretty good one. Price of admission includes drinks/dinner/show, and lasts about 2 hrs. <BR> <BR>Moon Travel books is a great resource for additional information. On the web, they're at www.moon.com, or can be found at larger bookstores (Barnes & Nobles, Borders, etc). <BR> <BR>We found the people to quite friendly and the city itself to be safe. Like anywhere, don't invite trouble and use common sense (don't flash the cash). Most people spoke English, but knowing some Spanish (or more importantly attempting to say something in Spanish) is helpful. <BR> <BR>Enjoy your trip ... have a margarita or two for me, ok? <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 26th, 1999, 06:55 AM
JR

Hi Dennis, I live here year round and although it may be a bit sticky just before it rains, after it can be very pleasant. It usually rains in the late afternoon/early evening and seldom lasts for more than a couple of hours. Also it's not cold rain and in the area where I live all the kids go out and play in it. Everything is also cheaper and the town is less busy. <BR>Try it, you'll like it. <BR>Hasta, <BR>JR <BR>http://www.vallarta-info.com

Old Mar 1st, 1999, 05:35 AM
Pamela

Dear Dennis....Ditto as to JRs reply. I have lived here for years and believe me, June is nothing compared to August or September. I have always kind of liked June....it is not miserably hot, there are less people, the rains have only JUST begun and the dust is down and things are turning green again. Life goes on, with or without the rain!!! The jungle area is lush and there are still plenty of things to do. come on down! <BR>