Puerto Vallarta - Hotels/Motels

Old Sep 2nd, 1997, 04:23 PM
Dianne

Puerto Vallarta - Hotels/Motels

I am going to Puerto Vallarta at the end of January, I would like to stay in a hotel on Playa los Muertos, or at least close to the beach, within a block. However, cost is a factor, I'd rather pay $60.00 U.S. or under for a double. I would need from about 1/18/98 through 1/21/98, and then I am traveling to Meleque for a week, and returning for two additional nights to Puerto Vallarta. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old Sep 9th, 1997, 09:57 AM
Debbie Martin

Hi,
We live in PV, it is a great place. You should have no problem staying for $60 us in the Los Muertos area. (Book early, this is peak season) The hotels in this area not not super-luxury, but the area is the best one to be ,in my opinion. Hotel Playa Los Arcos (322-2-3102) may be reasonable, also Vallarta Beach Hotel (322-3-1604). A very simple one close by is Posada Roger, popular and very cheap, I think. (322-2-0836 & 2-0639 & FAX 322-3-0402) A really cute bed & breakfast is on Los Muertos, Casa Corazon, can't find the #, if you are interested, write me and I will try to track it down. I have the E-Mail of a rental guy here, maybe he can help, although I think he does more apts. etc. [email protected]
Why are you going to Melaque? It is okay, but I would not want to spend a week there. It has a nice beach, but I don't think there is much accomodation. It is quite rustic. Not really quait or even cute.
Well, hope we see you on Los Muertos in January.

Old Sep 29th, 1997, 05:37 PM
Totty

Hotel Playa Los Arcos, Yes! We've stayed there many times. It's right on the beach with some good restaurants nearby, La Oya for barbeque and El Corral for cheap, but tasty meals. You may want to check out the rooms (just a few) at El Corral for your return to PV if you want clean but cheap. Be sure to set aside some dinero (sp?) for a boat trip to see PV from the water. I suggest Bahia, a dive shop down the street from Playa Los Arcos. Really nice people... Have a great time!

Old Oct 3rd, 1997, 10:50 AM
Brad Fetterer

I am a Spanish teacher who takes his students to P.V. every other year. Each trip we stay at Play de los Arco on Las Olas St. It is predominantly a Mexican and European tourist area. It is also starting to attract some of the best and most inovative restaurants in the city. Check out Badillo Street; there are several good and inexpensive restaurants there.

Old Nov 15th, 1997, 10:59 PM
Richard Spitzer

We are going on our first trip to PV this December, from the 22nd to the 30th. I have two daughters, ages 18 and 15. How closely do I need to watch where they go? How safe? Also, we have a small casita, Casita Las Palomas, Zone 2 Mission San Francisco, Colonia Emiliano Zapata. Do you know it?What is there for the teenagers to do in the evenings? How expensive are things in PV?

Old Nov 15th, 1997, 11:00 PM
Richard Spitzer

We are going on our first trip to PV this December, from the 22nd to the 30th. I have two daughters, ages 18 and 15. How closely do I need to watch where they go? How safe? Also, we have a small casita, Casita Las Palomas, Zone 2 Mission San Francisco, Colonia Emiliano Zapata. Do you know it?What is there for the teenagers to do in the evenings? How expensive are things in PV?

Old Dec 6th, 1997, 09:43 PM
Paul Halenbeck

It has been a couple years, but I spent a couple weeks at 4 winds, and will let you translate. The small hotel was in Gringo Gultch area a couple blocks above the big Catholic church. Nice clean quiet inn frequented by canadians for longer term stays. The owners would take us on field trips free. Water worked most the time. Decent residentual area above city. Wear your climbing shoes to get there. We paid about $35.00 at that time. Nice roof bar at sunset.

Old Jan 24th, 1998, 06:03 PM
susan taylor

My husband and I are going to the Sierra Nuevo in March. Do you have any info about this place? Also, any helpful information on places to go/things to see/restaurants, etc. would be appreciated.