Notices

Puerto Vallarta hotel location information

Old Dec 12th, 2018, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Puerto Vallarta hotel location information

3 women in 60's looking for a hotel with a good location. we like to be able to walk to restaurants and along the beach. We would like a beachfront with a pool and kitchenette.
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 07:03 AM

There are more restaurants located on the south side of town, called Old Town/Romantic Zone. But not many hotels with kitchens. Consider renting a condo, Vista Del Sol, Plaza Mar or Plaza Dorada. For 3 of you a much better deal, here's a map https://vallartainfo.com/southside-map/
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 08:37 AM

I have stayed at the Costa Sur which is not in the heart of Old Town area but a bus stop is just outside the door and its a short ride. Our room had a small kitchenette, and is on the water- could hear the sound of waves all night long. We thought the restaurant had excellent food- especially the breakfast buffet in AM. There was local entertainment in the pool area a couple of nights while we were there. It is not a "luxury" resort but I enjoyed stay and would stay there again for sure.
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 09:43 AM

Agreeing with the posts above, if you want a pool and a kitchen it's a lot easier to share a condo. What is your month of travel? I ask because prices about double in high season vs low season for rentals.

I have rented at Vista del Sol as mentioned above & it would be ideal for 3 people. 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, full kitchens, ocean view balcony, large sunny rooftop pool: https://puerto-vallarta-rentals.com/vistadelsol715/ is just one example and the unit my sister and I had which we loved.

If you want a beachfront hotel in Zona Romantica the choices are limited. Not all rooms have kitchenettes, but some do at: The Tropicana or Hotel Playa Los Arcos. There's Emperador w/ kitchens but no pool.

If you want a fancier (4-star+) kind of "resort" then you'd probably prefer one of the newer, more modern places in the Hotel Zone. Look at: Sunset Plaza, Secrets/Now Amber, Sheraton, etc. to get an idea of those more Americanized options.

You can walk to restaurants from any of these. I prefer the choices in Zona Romantica (aka Southside or Old Town) myself.
Old Dec 13th, 2018, 01:02 PM

Once you find a few places you are interested in, if you tell us what you're considering, we can probably tell you the pros and cons, a bit more about the neighborhood around it, etc.