Puerto Vallarta Hotel Help!

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 03:31 PM
loangalsal

Puerto Vallarta Hotel Help!

We are staying at the Krystal next week, and our friends decided to join us at the last minute and cannot get a room there. Can anyone tell me if the hotels within walking distance are nice? They want a 4 or 5 star hotel. They are considering the Sheraton, but will have to take a cab to the Krystal if they stay there...The ones within walking distance APPEAR to be the Playa del oro, Crown Plaza, Sunterra, Hacienda Buenaventua, Holida Inn, Villa Del Palmar, Qualton... Hurry, need to book this tomorrow morning. THANKS!

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 07:16 PM
Anony

I believe the Hacienda Buenaventure is next door to the Krystal yet back from the Beach.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 04:34 AM
loangalsal

I think you are right, but do you know anything about the hotel? If these hotels that are within walking distance are not very nice they will stay at the Sheraton and take a cab to Krystal. Looking for opinions of any of these hotels....anyone been to these hotels?

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 06:40 AM
Anne-Marie

Have been to the Holiday Inn which was fine, and friends of ours stay at the Qualton every year b/c they like it so much. They also stayed at the Vill Del Palmar which was not A/I. and liked it as well.

Old Jan 24th, 2002, 08:48 PM
Mel

I've been to PV many times and have enjoyed the Krystal on 2 trips. I would recommend the Marriot. It's not that far and is the nicest property close to the city. Maybe a $3 cab ride to the Krystal. The other hotels you've mentioned are not 4 or 5 star quality.

By the way, at the Krystal they offer the best theraputetic massage I've ever had. 1hr. and 15 minutes for only $30!
They have a screened in hutch by the beach with a room that has double tables if you and your spouse care to have the massage in the same area...or they have the traditional single rooms and inside rooms.
Good luck,
Mel