Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   puerto vallarta help (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/puerto-vallarta-help-110095/)

Ryan Murphy Mar 5th, 2001 12:51 PM

puerto vallarta help

Going to Puerto Vallarta in one week with my wife and another couple. Any suggestions on things not to miss? Good Restaraunts, tours, beaches, nightlife???

Vicki Mar 6th, 2001 08:13 AM

We went to Puerto Vallarta last year and enjoyed it very much. Make sure you take the bus to playa Mismaloya. It is south of town and the fun is in the bus and the gorgous, exciting beach. Also we enjoyed walking around the town and visited several stores that include a glass factoryand aluminum factory where they molded beautiful works. We also went to Elizabeth Taylor's old home and that was worth a visit. Lots of mariachi music in the evening and there are discos also if that is your thing.

xxx Mar 6th, 2001 09:42 AM

Balam for a reasonably priced seafood dinner. <BR> <BR>Bombo's for a romatic dinner.

jim Mar 6th, 2001 09:50 AM

Take a walk along the cuale river, it has lots of open shops and resturants. <BR>We took an all day snorkel trip that included a horsebackride to a water falls, lunch and free booze. We were there in feb. and ate twice at the la dolce vita, an italian resturant on the malecon(boardwalk0 excellent food and good prices. Jim

DAVE Mar 6th, 2001 01:12 PM

You want to get a real rush? Go check out the bull fight!!! NOT!!!!

phillybob Mar 19th, 2001 07:14 PM

Hey, mystery xxx person. Any more info on Bombo? I'm havin' trouble findin' any real info online. First-person account por favor ...

babycakes Mar 20th, 2001 05:54 AM

We took a home tour sponsored by group or Americans who live there and donate the money to local causes. They take you by bus to wonderful homes for a tour <BR>and in most cases, meet the owner. The 4 we toured were in the hills in Conchas Chinas, had views forever and were spectacularly designed homes. They advertise this in the tourist newspapers--def. worth the cost.

xxx Mar 20th, 2001 09:47 AM

Hey PhillyBob--Regarding Bombo's...It was suggested to us for our first dinnner when we honeymooned in PV in 1993. In all honesty, it may not be there anymore. It was in the hills above town on a street so steep the taxi had to back up the hill. I know that doesn't help much. It was a very small,intimate place with the crowning touch to dinner being a shot of flaming cucaracha. Perhaps one of the people who live in PV can provide you with updated info.

xxx Mar 20th, 2001 10:00 AM

PhillyBob <BR> <BR>Bombo's Corona 327 <BR>(52) 32-2-25164 <BR> <BR>From: virtualvoyages.com/mexico/vallarta/val_dine.htm

Denise Mar 20th, 2001 11:15 AM

Went to P.V. in April/00. Best day was on a boat cruise.Lunch/booze provided. Snorkled and did the hike up to the waterfalls. No horses for me! Saw locals washing clothes in the river. Very dusty walk! pack lots of sunscreen and a knapsack with water/change of shoes.Stayed in Nuevo Vallarta. Never again, too far away from the nightlife.

phillybob Mar 20th, 2001 05:10 PM

Thanks for your responses. I think it does still exist, but they are not cyber savvy yet? We also are lookin' to go there for our first night of our honeymoon! Other choices in the running for view and romance are: El Palomar de los Gonzales, Felipe's and Panorama. I'd love to hear from people who've been to these.

xxx Mar 21st, 2001 08:45 AM

PhillyBob <BR>Just a few more thoughts about Bombo's...we really enjoyed it for that first dinner. But it is fairly casual (I believe we both wore nice shorts). I just did not want to mislead you in case you were looking for a place that is very fancy or exclusive.