Puerto Vallarta for Bachelorette party

Mar 7th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Original Poster

Puerto Vallarta for Bachelorette party

I'm not sure if this has been asked before but needed some advice. We are a big group of 10+ girls and none of us have been to PV before and are all going for a good friend's bachelorette party. We were looking into CasaMagna but are also thinking about the Sheraton. We want to be close distance to the action (I believe the CM Marriott is a bit further) but also want a nice hotel (which is why CM is still in the running). If anyone can give an insight on these hotels or if there are other options that would be great!

We all like to party and drink, and it will definitely be a stereotypical bachelorette party so any advice on where to stay, what to do, (cheap) places to grab something to eat during the day, and clubs to visit will really help us out!!

PS: we are leaning towards hotels instead of renting out whole villas b/c we will be having girls leaving on different days so by the end of the weekend only half the girls will still be in PV.
Mar 7th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Original Poster

oops, forgot to add that being on the beach or close enough to walk to the beach is a must. And I've been reading different reviews regarding some parts of the beach being to rocky to actually go in the water. So any insight on which beach is best for more young, loud, obnoxious group of girls would really be helpful.
Mar 8th, 2012, 04:55 AM

Have you considered CaboSan Lucas. Hotels along Medano Beach are close to the action plus offer access to water sports and a beautiful, swimmable beach. Plus, Cabo is known for its parties. I am not sure about the places you mention in PV, how close to thing or how nice the beaches are.

Whatever you decide to do, be careful, stay together, especially when partying.

Have you considered Las Vegas?
Mar 8th, 2012, 05:44 AM

The Sheraton is much closer to downtown and the Malecón, where all the party bars are, see this map: http://vallartainfo.com/n_downtown.html the Malecón is the next map down.
The most fun beach is Los Muertos, which you can find on the map below 'Downtown' on the south side of the Rio Cuale.
Mar 8th, 2012, 05:48 AM

Casa Magna is in the marina zone, which has some restaurants and bars. It's a really nice property. That being said, as Cabron indicated Sheraton is much closer to the Malecon. I will be staying at the Sheraton in four weeks, I'll report back regarding the property.
Mar 8th, 2012, 01:15 PM

Casa Magna Marriott is a beautiful hotel in the Marina. I'm not sure it's really the atmosphere you are looking for though. I've only stayed there one time one night but it was quite sedate.

Sheraton is closer to downtown, but again I'm not sure how *young, loud, obnoxious group of girls* would fit with the other guest there.

People on vacation in PV mostly party out & about at the various bars and clubs around downtown, not so much sticking to their hotel property.

While I love Vallarta and have been there many times, I agree with MichelleY about going to Cabo. It's much more that atmosphere you are looking for. Or even Cancun.

Search this Thread