Puerto Vallarta - first time

May 29th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

Puerto Vallarta - first time

Hey! My son (12) and daughter (15) and I are planning a trip to PV in July. We are attracted to the authenticity of PV. We'd also like to snorkle and have a nice beach. Recommendations for a hotel (we don't need fancy) with a nice beach?
May 29th, 2008, 04:56 PM

The Tropicana Hotel or Hotel Playa Los Arcos are nice moderate-priced hotels on Playa Los Muertos (beach) on the south-side of town.

Snorkeling is not really so great in PV, though there are some places you can get to by boat that are a bit better than in town.
Jun 5th, 2008, 04:40 PM

If your kids are adventurous, try a zipline adventure~a group of 12 of us (oldest was 67, youngest was 13) tried it and had a blast!
Jun 9th, 2008, 12:12 PM
dar

The beaches north of PV are much nicer, in Vallarta Nayarit (Neuvo) or Bucerias. You might like the Royal Decameron, it is walking distance to the town of Bucerias, and it is easy to catch a bus to Sayulita and PV downtown. There will be lots of kids your kids age there.
Forget the snorkle, it is more of a boogie boarding area
Jun 9th, 2008, 01:41 PM

I second Hotel Playa Los Arcos. I have stayed there and it was very nice and reasonably priced.
Jun 12th, 2008, 01:29 PM

Just returned from 10 days in PV last night, staying in the downtown area. Happy to help with any questions or updates as needed, if I can.