Search

Puerto Vallarta FEB 2000

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 1999, 05:46 PM
pgs

Puerto Vallarta FEB 2000

12 ladies are visiting PV at the Fiesta Americana for 4 days in early Feb. Interested in snorkeling trips and whale watching trips. How is the beach at the hotel and snorkeling off the beach? How is the hotel? We are doing all inclusive-how is the food? Thank you.

Old Oct 18th, 1999, 07:59 PM
Lee

Fiesta Americana has a "wonderful" feel about it. Fantastic pool area - well designed and truly a treat. We found the food very good at the hotel and ate there several times even though we were not all inclusive. "Happy Hour" and the lounge were great and really fun bartenders. Snorkeling off this beach is probably poor - and we've only found snorkeling good away from the beaches. We actually walked downtown along the shore (took maybe an hour) but was great. The rooms tend to be small"ish" but all you really need. Ask for pool/ocean view rooms. PV is one of our all time favorite places to be. Enjoy!

Old Oct 19th, 1999, 01:07 PM
DeLeta

Hi. I have not stayed at the Fiesta Americana but I DO have a suggestion for the snorkeling/whale watching you mentioned. I have used a dive shop called Twin Dolphins Dive Center for 2 years now. Giovanni Macedo, the owner, is very professinal and very nice and he does snorkeling trips (mostly to Los Arcos, but he may do some to the Marietas Islands too. He also organizes whale watching tours and I believe he gets a marine biologist to go along. Check out his website, it is very informative. The website address is: http://www.twindolphins.com.mx. His e-mail address is: [email protected]. His phone number from the USA is: 011-52-322-12492. I really believe you will be pleased with his service. You will also LOVE PV. It is my favorite city! Let me know if I can help you any other way! DeLeta

Old Oct 19th, 1999, 01:08 PM
DeLeta

Hi. I have not stayed at the Fiesta Americana but I DO have a suggestion for the snorkeling/whale watching you mentioned. I have used a dive shop called Twin Dolphins Dive Center for 2 years now. Giovanni Macedo, the owner, is very professinal and very nice and he does snorkeling trips (mostly to Los Arcos, but he may do some to the Marietas Islands too. He also organizes whale watching tours and I believe he gets a marine biologist to go along. Check out his website, it is very informative. The website address is: http://www.twindolphins.com.mx. His e-mail address is: [email protected]. His phone number from the USA is: 011-52-322-12492. I really believe you will be pleased with his service. You will also LOVE PV. It is my favorite city! Let me know if I can help you any other way! DeLeta

Old Oct 19th, 1999, 05:54 PM
mary

Hi my name is Mary and I live in Puerto Vallarta. Great that you chose PVR for your vacation, you will definitely have a lot of fun. <BR>The Fiesta Americana has a nice beach, but for snorkeling you definitely have to take a boat-trip. You could actually combine the snorkeling and the whale watching. For any tours I would recommend you to check Royale Tours, they give great service and can help you with anything, transfers, tours, general info, etc. The web site is http://www.royale-tours.com <BR>The hotel is very nice, rooms are good, restaurants are very good as well, the pool area is great, yes absolutely a very nice hotel, you will definitely like it . The location is good too, you are near to everything, marina, downtown, and even near to the airport. <BR>Have a great vacation.