Notices

Puerto Vallarta--El nino--March??????

Old Feb 27th, 1998, 04:24 PM
Kristin

Puerto Vallarta--El nino--March??????

Has anyone been to P.V. recently--have the southern California storms gone down the coast to P.V.?? We're going in the middle of March--can anyone respond to this?? Thanks!!

Old Mar 3rd, 1998, 06:39 AM
Nina

I was in PV this past christmas and new years - had
wonderful weather for 14 days, no rain or clouds.
At the same time California was getting hit by
heavy rains - it never effected PV. Enjoy!!

Old Mar 4th, 1998, 08:06 PM
Debbie

My husband and I will be in Puerto Vallarta March 13-20. We have talked to 2 different couples that were there mid to late February (2 different weeks) and they both said they had beautiful weather. We aren't worried! Have a great time!

Old Mar 4th, 1998, 08:35 PM
Mac Thorlton

Ola,

Just returned from PV last evening...in our eight nights in this fabulous place, seems the only impact of El Nino was the extremely high tides during the high tide period. Weather was clear, warm and just what you would expect this time of year. Enjoy!

Mac

Old Mar 7th, 1998, 08:32 AM
Karen

I jsut returned from PV on Feb 28. Don't plan any snorkel trips because the visibilty is poor. Chico's will take you out anyway, but we couldn't even stop at Los Arcos which was out destination as the waves were too high. They were passing out dramamine because half the people on board were seasick. Otherwise, weather was great. It was neat to watch the surf pounding on shore as a result of the storms, but it was nice and sunny. Couldn't swim in the ocean in the 15 days we were there because of the strong undertow. the red flags were always up at all the beaches.