Puerto Vallarta condo recommendations for families

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2018, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our February vacation this year is going to be shorter than usual, just 10 days. We usually go for a private home rental but with this short stay I think a condo will be more practical. Looking for something on the beach with nice pools that is good for families as we have two children ages 6 and 8. A condo will give us more space and allow us to do some cooking if we choose. There are so many condo options. I will take any guidance I can get. We are open to other suggestions besides condo rental but I do not want to pay the steep price for all inclusive and a hotel room is small space for a family of four on a ten day trip. Ideas?????
Old Oct 29th, 2018, 10:42 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Do you care what part of Puerto Vallarta it is in? The Marina, north Hotel Zone, south Hotel Zone, Centro/downtown, Old Town/Zona Romantica, or South Shore?

Also when you say "pools" (plural) the condo buildings I have stayed at all only have one single pool. Is that OK?

Does it have to be actual beach FRONT (walk out onto the sand) or is across a sidewalk/street from the beach OK?
Old Oct 30th, 2018, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

Hi Suze!! We are not set on a certain location and are completely open to suggestion. We would even consider Nuevo Vallarta. We prefer beach front but that is not a requirement. Throw some ideas at me......I know you are an expert on this area.
Old Oct 31st, 2018, 09:59 AM

First off the disclaimer I don't know a thing about Nuevo Vallarta. Never been there I always stay in Old Town near Playa Los Muertos (public beach).

Of the places I have stayed I really think only Vista del Sol would be worth considering with kids. The others I like (Selva Romantica and el Escondido) are very much geared towards adults I think kids would die of boredom).

I've rented these two the past two years when I was with my sister. Both were excellent and perfect for us.
https://puerto-vallarta-rentals.com/vistadelsol715/
Vista Del Sol - Unit 610446

www.pvrpv.com has the largest inventory of condos. Just for kicks you can put in your dates, choose a part of town, see the kinds of options available.

Beachfront condo buildings on Playa Los Muertos include: el Dorado, la Palapa, Plaza Dorada, One Beach Street

BUT for your request and IF what you want is a nice beach and good resort property (multiple pools, etc.), you should also look at Nuevo Vallarta, that's where that kind of thing happens more often than in town.
Old Nov 1st, 2018, 09:20 AM

If you consider Nuevo Vallarta, then Aqua Flamingo is the spot for you. There are two humungus swimming pools that are right on the beach... a little pricey though, we stayed at our friends condo for a night and would certainly consider staying there. That said, they were building a huge complex right next door, by the size of it, it is probably still under construction but did not affect our stay over.
Old Nov 2nd, 2018, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the suggestions. After further research I think Nuevo Vallarta might be more what we are looking for on this trip. Still working out the details but seriously considering a two bedroom unit at the Grand Mayan. We usually steer clear of large resorts like this but considering we only have one week and there is so much to do on site it may be a good fit for this trip. We generally like to hang with the locals in a more quiet setting. Maybe we will step out of our comfort zone this time. I know my kids would love the Vidanta property and I don't mind the great prices I am finding on VRBO.
Old Nov 5th, 2018, 02:03 PM

If that's your interest, definitely totally disregard my suggestions! I mean that in the nicest way but where I stay could not be further away from a Vidanta (they have huge advertisements for that resort plastered all over PVR/airport upon arrival) type experience. Regardless buena suerte with your plans.