Puerto vallarta and a baby

Feb 6th, 2001, 06:48 AM
Lara

Puerto vallarta and a baby

I'm travelling to Puerto Vallarta in June with a one year old. What are the facilities like for babies? Will I have trouble finding/buying baby food, diapers, etc..? Are they expensive? Should I bring my own stuff from home?

Feb 6th, 2001, 09:13 AM
pt

Not to worry!! There are loads of diapers, baby food, the works. No use lugging all of that extra stuff with you. Have fun!

Feb 6th, 2001, 11:50 AM
natasa

Hi Lara,

There's a huge grocery store there called Gigante on the main drag in the Hotel Zone that should have all your needs.

nat

Feb 7th, 2001, 11:34 AM
Louie

Hey Lara:
I did that last year with my wife and 1 year old son - it was NICE but very HUMID!! Especially in June - just make sure you have enough SUNCREEN!! and t-shirts or shorts. We even bought a portable stroller - since we knew we were going to walk a lot. The markets have everything but a bit expensive then the U.S. products. Have a great time and please keep your child away from the sun....

Feb 7th, 2001, 05:07 PM
ken

vallarta has big modern supermarkets. there are lots of americans living there and it is safe and wonderful. hot in june.no need to bring supplies from home...it is quite civilized . go to marina vallarta at night for dinner at one of the outdoor restaurants..it is charming and a lot of people miss it.

Feb 7th, 2001, 05:15 PM
mexicodan

A country that is 99% Catholic with 50% of the population under 18 yrs old. No problema getting supplies for the baby.

adios!

[email protected]
www.choice1.com/villamontana.htm