Puerto Montt

Sep 16th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Puerto Montt

Hi, I have 3 nights in Puerto Montt, can anyone suggest activities for the 3 nights, i.e., is there any 1 day boat tours near the glaziers that can be done as I don't have the time to go all the way down the cost.

Thanks
Graeme
Sep 16th, 2003, 01:51 PM

Hi I am posting a reply however I am interested too in the answer because we will be there soon. So I am telling you what I have researched.
If I were you I would take the lake crossing to Bariloche, you can do it in one day or in two days staying in a hotel in half way (in Chile) The great thing about it, is that is not expensive
$160 dollars one way and you can take a bus back for $20, but what people do not realize that the crossing in itself is a woderful sightseeing experiece, lakes, volcanos, water falls , islands.
You stop for lunch. and I guess there must be other stops too.
We are looking forward to go. We will be there early December. We shall be coming the other way from Bariloche and once in Puerto Montt we are planing to take a tour to the Isla Chiloe. That is another option for you. But I honestly believe that the Lake crossing will be fantastic. Let me know if you do it, if you like it. Thank you.
Sep 17th, 2003, 02:04 AM
Original Poster

Hi, thanks for your reply, your suggestion does sound good and it fits in with the amount of time we are there. I'll let you know how we get on, I hope you enjoy your trip as well.
Sep 17th, 2003, 02:56 AM

Hi Scotwid, I am so happy that you might be goint I forgot to mention that they have a good website with great pictures
crucedelagos.com
Also a toll free number from Canda and US 1 888 692 2398
As I said we plan to do it early December , when are you planing to be there? Good luck.
Jan 6th, 2004, 06:15 PM

Hi scotwid and Graziella5b did you do the Lake Crossing? I did it last month and thought it was great. I was amazed with the panoramic views and the beautiful lakes and volcanos and greenery along the way.
How did you like it ?