Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Puerta Vallarta Experts, Please Help! Is there a Blue Bay Getaway and a Getaway Resort in PV?

Puerta Vallarta Experts, Please Help! Is there a Blue Bay Getaway and a Getaway Resort in PV?

Old Jan 15th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Called 2 travel agents already, they both don't even seem to know. Then I thought I'd go on here for help. My daughter wants to book, looks like the Getaway, but when I do a search on fodors, not much info. Please let me know if there are 2 with these names and the difference. Thank you
Old Jan 17th, 2004, 10:57 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I vaguely recall postings about the Blue Bay having been renamed. I'll check a couple of the PV-specific internet boards and post again if I find an answer for you.
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

Hi Suze,
Thank you for your reply. I actually found out looking in a brochure, it said "formerly Blue Bay Getaway", so you were correct. There is sure not much info on this resort, when i do a search for Blue Bay and Getaway. Oh well, hopefully no news is good news. My daughter is now booked for March 6. Thanks and do let me know if you find out any more info.
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 10:32 AM

It is confusing, just out of curiosity I poked around the net and there do seem to be 2 resorts. Sun Getaway Resort (formerly Blue Bay) which is an adults only 4-star all-inclusive. And Lifestyle Getaway billed as the first "hedonistic" resort in PV. I think I know where I can find out more... later, Susan
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 02:46 PM

Thanks to friendly posters over on the All Vallarta board (currently living in PV), word is, what was formerly Blue Bay Getaway is now called Sun Getaway, next to the Sheraton in the Hotel Zone, adults only but decided against going "hedonistic".
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

ok, thanks. I didn't realize the word the Sun was first word. Thought it was just called Getaway Resort. Ok, now i should be able to find more info. Thanks for your help.