Search

Puerta Vallarta

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Puerta Vallarta

We are going to rent a villa in or near Puerta Vallarta. Which would be the best location for beaches, proximity to Old Town, beauty of area, etc.? Thanks for your suggestions.
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Original Poster

topping!
Old Mar 8th, 2008, 03:45 PM

What do your desire? Old Town is busy full of clubs, restaurants, shops & LOTS of People. The beach is crowded & just average as beaches go. Nuveo Vallarta or Punta Mita has wonderful beaches, some restaurants but not nearly the activity in Old Town/downtown or even the hotel Zone. You might consider The Conchas Chino area with a small string of postage stamp size beaches but still near El Centro.
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 09:07 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
1. anywhere in the "Old Town" in el-centro or on the south-side ("zona romantica&quot

2. Conchas Chinas

If you tell us some of the areas you are considering it would be easier for us to answer better.

Old Mar 11th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your responses. Suze, please read my question. I know nothing about Puerto Vallarta. I am trying to determine what the best location for a villa rental would be. I know (from perusing this Board) that you have good knowledge about the area. I look forward to your additional information as well as any others.
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 09:17 PM

The penthouse at Vallarta Shores = comes with private chef.
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 06:40 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Joegri~ I'm not sure what you mean by "please read my question"?

I was answering your question... those ARE the 2 areas I would suggest as the best neighborhoods in PV to look for a villa.

You can find great maps to print out at www.vallarta-info.com then you will have street names to see location as you research particular villas.

Look for the Rio Cuale on the map, immediately to the north and to the south of it is what most people call "Old Town" (that term does not have a precise definition or exact location, truly). "Conchas Chinas" is a little bit further south, and the name refers to both above on the hills overlooking and down on the beach.

I have rented apartments but never a "villa" myself to say anything more specific.

If you would be intersted in hotels I suggest: Quinta Maria Cortez, Lindo Mar, or Vallarta Shores. All have websites.