Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Private driver in Costa Rica (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/private-driver-in-costa-rica-840846/)

ron1086 May 18th, 2010 02:30 PM

Private driver in Costa Rica

We will be flying into Liberia second week in Dec. and flying out of San Jose at the end of Dec. We want to stay 4 nights in Guanacasle, 4 nights in or around the center of CR and 4 nights in the Southern Pacific part of CR.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a priviate driver or drivers that can take us from hotel to hotel?

1bhcrashman May 19th, 2010 05:05 AM

I wuold suggest you search this board as there are many recommended.

ron1086 May 19th, 2010 07:48 AM

I did a search on this board for "privat driver in Coast Rica", what came up was dated in 07. I was looking for something more recent.

1bhcrashman May 19th, 2010 12:48 PM

Ron1086,

Incase you mistyped "private" as above, you might try again. I found 4 under "private driver" and several under "driver". If you still can't find what you need, I'll post the hotlinks.

Are recomendation (as many others do also)is Wilson Rojas [email protected]

Pura Vida

1bhcrashman May 19th, 2010 12:48 PM

URGHHH

"Are" should read "Our" Sorry

Kinkazote May 19th, 2010 02:34 PM

With a little notice, your hotels should be able to find deivers for you.

SilviaZ May 19th, 2010 03:07 PM

I am owner of one HOtel on the Caribbean side of the country and we work with Alejandro , ecotourist adventures <[email protected]>.
Very serious and reliable. Highly reccommended

ron1086 May 19th, 2010 04:19 PM

Thanks for the advice.

gatechfan May 20th, 2010 07:33 AM

Ron1086 - my wife and I returned 3 weeks ago from Guanacaste and Arenal areas and used Odyssey Tours for our private transportation. They transport from Puntarenas, San Jose, Guanacaste, Arenal and areas in between. They came highly recommended from a search we did prior to arriving and they were excellent. Very personal, friendly, accomodating with comfortable vehicles and incredibly knowledgeable. They can also provide stops for additional sight seeing, pictures, bird and native animal spotting, and anything else you may care to do. Alvaro has been my main contact but he is in business with his brother Diego and father Al. Professionalism is key with these guys! I would highly recommend you contact them. They can be reached at
[email protected]. Good luck and have fun.

hsmithcr May 20th, 2010 12:28 PM

I can recommend www.tucanlimoservices.com. They have been around for a long time - very professional.

ron1086 May 20th, 2010 02:44 PM

Thanks, I will check them out.

fishee May 23rd, 2010 08:14 PM

We loved Wilson Rojas -- he has an outstanding reputation as a very reliable and responsible driver. He's not just a driver but a concierge and guide on-wheels and also just a very nice person to hang with. His college training was in the tourism industry so he's quite meticulous and detail oriented regarding the needs of his clients -- like he anticipated what we needed long before we knew ourselves....

He's well connected throughout the country and was able to get us reservations when there were none online avail, discounted rates from what I saw on the company websites, etc. His vans are comfortable and well stocked with coolers of drinks and great snacks. i heart wilson - and his wife elsy who does much of the coordination with you via email since wilson is on the road so much. They are a great team.

[email protected]

ShellD May 24th, 2010 07:39 AM

Another recommendation for Wilson Rojas here. We have rented a car and driven ourselves and we really enjoy that freedom, but on our last trip for part of the time (from Arenal to MA, and from MA to San Jose) we decided to get a driver and we used Wilson. I second everything fishee says. He was also wonderful with our kids and managed to not make a very long drive boring for them. On the drive back from MA to San Jose, Wilson was booked and he sent one of his drivers, Alex I believe and he was just as personable.

On our upcoming trip this July, since we're going back with my parents and our kids, we decided to hire a driver the entire trip instead of finding a car big enough for all of us and our luggage and we went with Wilson again - no question. My daughter was thrilled! (She was 6 last trip and is 8 now) Her reaction was that "He's the best driver in Costa Rica! And he went out of the way to get me ice cream!"

cduran1977 May 26th, 2010 10:00 AM

I highly recommend you Yeffrey Rojas of Mop Adventures, [email protected]

volcanogirl May 26th, 2010 10:05 AM

Another option is to just ask your hotels when you book them; we've done that several times, and it's worked well.

steve007 May 29th, 2010 04:42 PM

Hi,
My friend and taxi driver Ron Ruiz. Contact him at [email protected] He is Bilingual and knows the country very well!! 8892 9721 cell#
Good luck
Steve

DawnDt Dec 31st, 2010 09:20 AM

We had Cristian as our driver when we visited Costa Rica last November. He drove us from the International airport to Arenal Volcano and them from Cahuita to San Jose. He was very flexible and always on time. Great English also. He made our trip a lot more enjoyable. You can contact him at [email protected] or visit his web costaricadriver.net

Deb15July Dec 31st, 2010 12:33 PM

Another thumbs up for Wilson and his coordinator and wife Elsy. We used him twice during our recent trip, SJO to Monteverde and Arenal to SJO. We would definitely use him again without any qualms.

1bhcrashman Jan 1st, 2011 11:16 AM

Muchas Gracias to Wilson & Elsy once more for 2 wonderful days!