Private Driver for 10-15 passengers?

Nov 16th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

Private Driver for 10-15 passengers?

I'm looking for suggestions for a private driver in CR for multiple days this upcoming March for a group trip of 10-15 people, we'll be going from Heredia to Arenal (w/ stop at La Paz), then Arenal to Jaco

Also wondering if anyone has hired a private driver for day trips either in Arenal or Jaco/MA, if so, could you tell me the costs? None of us will have a car, so I thought it might be a good idea to have a private driver for the days when we're in Arenal & Jaco for day trips, going to eat, etc -- might not be too expensive if split between 10+ people?

Thanks in advance!
Nov 16th, 2006, 10:04 AM

With a group that size, you can get a cheaper rate. Write to [email protected] and get a quote. (Tell her Sandy says Hi!)

Sandy
Feb 28th, 2007, 08:38 AM

See my review of Danny elsewhere on this site. He's amazing, cheap and both he and his wife has fancy airconditioned vans that seat 10 each.

email: [email protected] and website http://dannytravelscostarica.4t.com . He lives in San Jose, but drives people all over Costa Rica.

ps. His writing English is not the best, so don't be scared if he e-mails you back with imperfect language. He learned his English from living in the States for 3 years so his speaking is impeccable.

Feb 28th, 2007, 10:43 AM

Oscar has a van that I think seats up to 15, but you would have to ask him. He gets great reviews on this board and rightly so (we used him in our trip for transfers).

[email protected]
His number is easily found if you search on Oscar in this forum

Feb 28th, 2007, 12:54 PM

A great tour guide we had who has his own large van, does a fantastic job of pointing out wildlife and talking about his home country (he has also spent some time in the states, so his English is excellent) is Jose Saenz: [email protected] . He was working for a larger tour company and their itinerary, but based on his experience and talking to all of us, he made a few changes, and they were all right on.