Search

Pls Help: BsAs During Busy Winter Holiday

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2005, 09:09 PM
o
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pls Help: BsAs During Busy Winter Holiday

(not sure if it will make a difference, but I am re-posting this in the Argentina forum after accidentally posting it to the general LA forum. in my desperate state, just hoping to generate lots of responses asap. esp. now that I know Argentina is in midst of its busy winter holiday season. many thanks)

Greetings!

My husband and I are planning a very last minute 10 day trip to BsAs and possibly Iguazu for next week.

First, I was hoping someone might recommend a good local travel agent to assist us on short notice. I corresponded with Cintia, and understandably, she is unable to accomodate us on such short notice.

Secondly, has anyone traveled through BsAs and Iguazu during the winter? If so, any advice? Is it still recommendable to visit Iguazu? Weather? I understand the weather is in the mid-60s or so. Should we dress warmly? Anything we should avoid/miss during the winter season?

We have booked a room at the NH Jousten for our first 2 nights. From there, it's a blank slate waiting to be designed.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Warmly,
Lisa

I should also mention that we are pretty active travelers and enjoy being on the move with a local flavor. Organized tour buses are not very appealing to us, but if at last minute notice, that is the only way to get an introduction, so be it.

Thanks again.

Old Jul 17th, 2005, 09:12 PM
o
Original Poster

Okay, I am an idiot. I am new to the forum, and unfamiliar with the interface. Plus, I'm in a desperate panic. Please don't hold it against me. I still don't know how to post this to the correct Argentina sub-forum. :red w/ embarassment:
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 02:18 AM

Lisa :

No problem..! It happens.........
Have you read the threads avrooster /Drdwaggy and me have posted trying to help ?
I have travelled to Iguazu in winter holidays w / kids , everything was great but accomodations and flights were booked in advance ( 1 month ), its usually fully booked and for this year As tourisms has been growing in Argentina , specially in key spots , it might be late to find a flight or good hotels.
You might want to consider day tours while in BA as a second option .

Tigre & Delta ( Jungle like spots with islands , rivers and streams , a paradise for nature lovers )are sometimes mentioned as highlights by tourists. For 1 night stay in the Delta islands try La Pascuala Delta Lodge or
Hosteria Los Pecanes.

Martin Garcia Island in the Delta is very attractive too.

Estancias is another authentic option.

Buenos Aires has many in depth walking tours and regular ones to cover 10 days in town and more...

Colonia in Uruguay is an old colonial small city fun to visit...

Try in www.welcomeargetina.com.ar for more info . and ideas..

Good luck!

Old Jul 18th, 2005, 03:21 AM

I already replied to your previous post in the LA forum. Do you want my travel agent's e-mail, since you seem reluctant to indicate yours? VERY busy time for travel agents, so nothing is guaranteed.

As santiagov is asking, have you done your homework by reading previous threads?

If you do so, you'll be able to ask more specific questions.
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 03:25 AM

Oops, sorry, just saw you indicated your e-mail in an older thread. Will give it to my travel agent later, but nothing is guaranteed, as I said. When are you landing in Buenos Aires?
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 03:28 AM

A bit later (busy now) I will look at the Sunday Tourism section of our equivalent of the NY Times, to see whether Iguazú is being offered. More precise dates needed.
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 05:50 AM

OK, Lisa:

The Sunday Tourism Section offers a 2 nights/3 days package for Iguazú (all transportation and breakfast included) leaving on the 28th and staying at the Sheraton for about 425 dollars per pax, double occupancy. Call 54-11-4131-5013. They said they speak English.
Old Jul 18th, 2005, 10:35 AM
o
Original Poster

thank you santiagov and avrooster for your input. i give up, i think it's best to continue this thread rather than confuse everyone (incl myself) posting here and there.

ANYway. i have received just one travel agent response after emailing 7 or 8 in the past few days. i also spoke w/ a booking agent with southwest winds re: a trip to iguazu. sw offers a 2 day/2 night package deal (air, sheraton, xfers, breakfast, half-day tour) for what sounds like about 450usd/pax. sounds similar to the ad in the newspaper, avrooster? is that one also thru sw? this might be it. (i just emailed you too; not to repeat myself but in case anyone else is reading along?)

thanks again for all your help!