Reload this Page >

Playa del Carmen- Royal Hideaway

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24th, 1998, 02:41 PM
Troy Gibson

Does anyone have any information they can share on Allegro's new resort Royal Hideaway? Sheduled for a trip in Jan. 1999, any information would be helpful. <BR> <BR>

Old Dec 25th, 1998, 05:37 AM
Larry

Troy: We, too, are planning a trip to Royal Hideaway, but have not been able to ascertain any subtantive info as to its degree of readiness. I do know that it began accepting guests this past Mon (12/21), and I have spoken to Allegro Resorts who insist that everything is ready. An earlier posting of mine here got 2 responses from people who had been in Playacar during December and both said that it did not look anywhere near finished. It sounds like the perfect place, but my experience is that unless a hotel in Mexico is totally complete and fully operational, it is best to avoid at all costs. We have decided to wait until after the first of the year to finalize our plans. Hopefully, the information will be better by then. In the meantime, please let me know if you hear anything more definitive.

Old Dec 25th, 1998, 12:34 PM
Troy Gibson

Thanks for you reply,Larry. I not sure what to think now. I can't believe that they would start accepting people if they were extremely close to completion. If I arrive and it is a mess, I will be their worse nightmare! Thanks again.

Old Dec 26th, 1998, 06:22 AM
Troy Gibson

Hi Larry just a short note further to our conversation. <BR> <BR>I took your information one step further and telephoned the Royal Hideaway directly in Playa de Carmen # 52 987 34500. They informed me that the only part of the resort that is not complete is the spa, one restaurant and the theatre. I did not tell them that I was booked in. I spoke with 3 different employees, two at Allegro Playacar next door, one first employee said construction was not complete,then ask if I was booked in. I advised yes, he then said it would be finished in a week. The second said three weeks. The third employee worked at the Royal Hideaway and did not know that I was booked in. She advised me of the completion of the above items in three weeks. All of the landscaping is complete, she stated. Hope this helps you.

Old Dec 26th, 1998, 08:15 AM
Larry

Troy: Thanks for the additional information. Given the conflicting information from Allegro and their apparent unwillingness to be truthful about the degree of completeness, it looks like I may be inclined to rethink my trip there. One of the major features for us is the spa, so lacking that amenity, we would probably "pass" on going there the first week of Feb. It is very troubling to me that Allegro, a large well reputed resprt operator, is being so deceptive regarding this property. So...at this point, what are your plans? By the way, when in Jan are you scheduled to go?

Old Dec 26th, 1998, 09:10 AM
Troy Gibson

Hi Larry, <BR> <BR>Shortly after my email this am, I faxed a letter off to the Royal Hideaway outlining my concerns and asking for complete details. To my surprise and satisfaction within an 1/2 hour I received a telephone call from the Sales Manager, Michael at the resort. He was very straight forward and outlined extactly the state of their completion. There is no heavy construction taking place, simply finishing details away from the client rooms. The spa-fitness facility will not be complete until the end of Jan, the Asian restaurant, the same or earlier, and the theatre which operates two times a week, the same or earlier. All other amenities are complete, he states. It would be nice to have all facilities complete, but at least I have a clear picture of what to expect now. I am scheduled to arrive at the resort Jan. 11, 1999 from Vancouver, Canada. <BR> <BR>Unfortunately, delaying my trip for business reasons is not possible at this point. I am hopeful and much more comfortable now with the answers I received as opposed to a couple of days ago. Good to talk with you.

Old Dec 26th, 1998, 10:02 AM
Larry

Troy: Thanks for all of the information. I, too, would like to fax the resort directly. If you have the number available, I would be grateful if you could share it. <BR>Again..thanks!

Old Dec 26th, 1998, 10:06 AM
Troy Gibson

Larry, <BR> <BR>No problem. It is 52-987-34506. Good luck!

Old Dec 27th, 1998, 08:02 AM
Larry

Troy: Thanks for the info. I, too, spoke with Michael who was, indeed, very straightforward and actually was rather upset that I had received such inaccurate information from Allegro's home office. He has guaranteed us that the spa will be fully operational by Jan 31 (if not sooner) and has agreed to confirm this by fax tomorrow. So...it looks like it's worth a try! <BR>Again...thanks!

Old Dec 27th, 1998, 10:17 AM
Troy Gibson

That's great news Larry. I am extremely excited about the resort and my family( wife, two children) should have a great time. I am sure everything will work out fine! <BR> <BR>Regards, <BR> <BR>Troy Gibson