Playa Del Carmen Christmas 2001?

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 05:31 PM
dj

Playa Del Carmen Christmas 2001?

Hello all. <BR> <BR>My family in lieu of the terrible Chicago winter is opting for an all inlcusive vaca <BR>to Playa del Carmen for Christmas 2001. We will have my 8 yr old nephew and and others with us. A few of us have been together on vacation to Cozumel and enjoy snorkelling (thus the choice of Playa for ferrying) - are there any of you out there with recommendations for 6 adults and 1 kid? The adults are also interested in a wee bit of fiesta as well... <BR>Thanks for any details you can offer us freezing midwesterners..... <BR> <BR>Regards, <BR>dj

Old Dec 31st, 2000, 06:27 AM
scott

Playa is a wonderful spot. We stayed at the Iberostar. Very nice place! Playa is very quiet, you need to leave Playa at night for fun. We took trips into Cancun ( about an hour on bus).The ferry to Cozamel is a bad ride! Very rough, sometimes they wont do it at all. You will love Playa, make sure to hit the water park ( forgot the name).

Old Dec 31st, 2000, 01:35 PM
Susan

Scott's experience on the ferry to Cozumel wasn't typical, based on my experiences. I've taken the ferry several times over the years and only once did I have a problem feeling sick. (And that was after a long bus ride.)

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 06:28 AM
Linda

Hi! I think Playa del Carmen is a great place for your holiday. People are friendly, the food´s great and the beaches are really beautiful! Even though people in town are fiendly, it´s a recommendation to atleast bring a couple of Spanish-speaking people with you. Best restaurant is "Yaxche" - the kid will love the making of mayan coffee. And the older ones the taste of it... Don´t miss Xcaret and Xel-ha! There are some nice bars to visit at nighttime, but Playa doesn´t offer much for those who love disco or any other kind of nightclubin´. The ferry-ride to Cozumel offers you a bit of adventure - sometimes very smooth and peaceful, but other times really awful. Make sure that the catamaran is working the day you plan to cross the sea! It is possible to go snorkeling on the mainland - you don´t have to go to Cozumel if you´re only going to do it a couple of times. Ask around for suggestions, or walk north along the beach. All the gear you need should cost approximately 30-50p. I wish you a really nice vacation! <BR> <BR>Best of wishes/ Linda

Old Jan 16th, 2001, 03:08 AM
dj

Thank you all for your kind sugestions!