Playa Del Carmen - Best All-Inclusive? Suggestions?

Jul 30th, 1998, 02:01 PM
Kate

Playa Del Carmen - Best All-Inclusive? Suggestions?

Considering a week in Playa Del Carmen at an All-Inclusive resort. Any suggestions? We are in our early 30s and want to relax.

Thanks!

Kate

Jul 30th, 1998, 04:11 PM
Marcia

After much research and investigation, my boyfriend and I just booked a trip to the Allegro Diamond Resort Playacar. It is all inclusive and includes an additional perk, "stay at one, play at three". Guests of this resort may use the facilities at three other Allegro Resorts in the area(playacar, cozumel and cancun) I have heard many good things about them through travel agents and sites such as this one. Another site to check out is www.cancunmx.com. You should definitely consider this resort. We are leaving Aug 16 for 8 days. Will post a report when we return. Happy searching!!

Jul 31st, 1998, 04:21 AM
Jane

Hello! I have stayed at the Diamond resort Playacar and would highly recommend it. It is just outside the town of Playa del Carmen and has a private beach front in addition to swimming pools. The hotel is set up with bungalows--upstairs or downstairs--with thatched roofs and tile floors--very pretty. The hotel is a plesant walk (about 7 minutes) or cab ride to town where there is plenty of dining, shopping, and nightlife. Tours pick up right at the hotel. The only downside to this hotel is that the restaurant serves very American food. I recommend that you check out Funjet vacations for a trip package. They have a web site. Best Wishes!

Aug 5th, 1998, 03:18 AM
K.

My son stayed at Club Maya Beach on his honeymoon.
Nice room facing the pool and sea, good food, entertainment and at a great price. He called and made his own reservation. 800-898-9968
It was a short cab ride into the village from there.

Aug 5th, 1998, 05:45 AM
Doug

My wife and I stayed at the Royal Maeva. We have also stayed at the Diamond. We liked the RMP better. Better beach, better food, fridge in the room w/ beer and soda, daily snorkel trip, daily scuba for certified divers, staff was great. Longer walk to town, but there aren't any resorts to the south.

Doug

Aug 10th, 1998, 11:19 AM
Maggi

We have stayed twice just south of Playa del Carmen at a lovely resort called Las Palappas. It is very quiet, everyone has their own "palappa" hut and is right on the white-sand beach. It is all inclusive and the staff is wonderful. The food is great too.

Feb 17th, 2000, 01:24 PM
Sam

I have always enjoyed travelling to the different all inclusive Allegro Resorts that are all in the Caribbean and Mexico, but this was the best holiday I ever had. My wife and I stayed at the Royal Hideaway Resort and Spa in Playacar, Playa del Carmen. It is a 5 star luxury all inclusive resort. You should taste the wonderful food in the 5 different restaurants they offer. We loved it. It is down the road from the golf course. My wife enjoyed the Thalgo Spa and the large beach, while I enjoyed reading a book by one of the pools. If you want to stay at an all inclusive that caters to the guest with service, a la carte restaurants, concierges in every villa and depicious food, this is the place. It is worth it!

Feb 18th, 2000, 08:20 AM
debbie

My vote is for the RIU Yucatan or Palace. We spent two weeks at the Yucatan and it was wonderful with many of the same comments applicable as per the other posts. The Palace is their brand new sister resort with wait service on the beach, nicely appointed rooms, beautiful grounds, etc. It's along the same strip of beach as the above mentioned resorts.

Feb 18th, 2000, 10:03 AM
merriem

My vote goes to ROYAL HIDEAWAY! Perfect place.......we had a fantastic time, even though it rained. Would highly recommend it! Check out my other posts on this resort.

Feb 24th, 2000, 06:49 PM
Phil

The wife and I just came back from (6) days at the Royal Hideaway. We second the other good comments about the place; food, drink are excellent. It just opened last fall, but, BOY, is it ever the best. We travel with the Nomads
and this has been - by far - the nicest, most luxurious all-inclusive yet.

Feb 25th, 2000, 05:24 AM
Sally

My husband I just returned from a week in Playa. We stayed at Porto Real which is on the northern edge of town within walking distance to shopping areas, great beaches, and the "authentic" part of town. The hotel itself is beautiful and small (only 300 rooms). The food was excellent, the staff wonderful, and the guests mellow. We had not originally booked the all-inclusive option but decided to change over after seeing how expensive the restaurants in town are. We waited and switched to AI after taking a few days trips away from the hotel. Sometimes travel agents don't tell you that you can do the European Plan for part of your stay and All-Inclusive for the rest. Feel free to e-mail with any other questions.

Feb 28th, 2000, 08:18 AM
dan

My wife and I stayed at the Royal Maeva two years ago and would highly recommend it. It was truly all-inclusive, no extra charges for in room mini bar or safe, room service, etc. Very nice resort. I think it is now changed it's name to Gala Playacar. Enjoy

Mar 1st, 2000, 01:42 PM
k

Stayed at the Gala (formerly the Royal Maeva) in Playa last May and had a blast! The beach was was absolutely beautiful, food excellent, free snorkel and scuba excursions, fun-loving staff consisted of smiling girls and male hardbody "hotties" to play beach games with. Curb service for cocktails on beach and pool area...can't beat it. Loved it and would go back in a heartbeat. Ask your agent about an Apple vacation...hassle free and inexpensive...Hasta la vista!

Jan 16th, 2002, 06:28 AM
MARAINN

We are thinking about a vacation at the Royal Hideaway. We saw an episode on the food network that featured their restaurants, so we know the food sounds excellent. We are wondering if the hotel in on the ocean or a lagoon. And do the rooms have a view of the ocean.

Jan 16th, 2002, 02:44 PM
Kristen

How would you all rate the following Porto Real, Iberostar Tucan, or El Faro? We're looking for an all-inclusive for our honeymoon. 30-year old. THANKS!