Playa del Carmen

Old Jul 7th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Playa del Carmen

Six couples planning a trip to Playa del Carmen at the end of October. We will possibly wonder into town a bit, but our focus will be on the beach and pool. We cannot decide where to stay. We want an all-inclusive, but somewhere quiet and relaxing, maybe an adults only pool. Doesn't have to be the lap of luxury but clean and well cared for. Suggestions, please. Thanks, Amy
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 10:43 AM

Amy,

I just posted a reply to another message above. We go every year to the Riu Palace in Playacar for 3-4 nights. The beach is truly outstanding. The hotel is very clean and quiet.
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, I will check it out. Please keep the suggestions coming!
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 04:29 PM

Check out tripadvisor.com. This is the best way to check out a place and know how others liked their experiences! I'm glad you posted this and I hope you get some advise here too! We loved Playa del Carmen and would also like to know some places to stay!
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 04:36 PM

We're going to the Riu Palace nextr week! It gets fantastic reviews! Will post a report when we return.
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 05:32 PM

Summer,

Bring a collapsable cooler (about 6 bucks at Walgreens) and you can fill it with the ice, beer and water from your room and never leave your chair at the beach. You're going to love it there. Tip the bartender at the bar next to the dining room and she will pour you the stuff they keep in a locked cabinet under the bar. I get served great sipping tequilas each time i go. If you want the cuban rums you need to ask for them by name. Best part about the hotel is that there is never a fight for beach or pool chairs, almost every chair can be positioned under a palm tree and there are plenty of hammocks. Definitly go to Fifth Avenue in Play del carmen in the evenings,it is alot of fun.