Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Planning a trip to Puerto Vallarta? Need info?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15th, 1999, 01:51 PM
PT

Now is the time everyone is beginning to plan winter vacations....let me know if you have questions regarding Puerto Vallarta or surrounding areas and I will do what I can! Have lived here 8 years and have lots of info I would be happy to share! Thanks, PT

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 07:03 PM
wayne

We have reservations for a villa named Casa Maricielo there in P.V. Do you have any comments about it? It supposedly overlooks a bay and sits up on a hill. <BR>We'll be looking for moderately priced restaurants with good menus for fish and mexican food. We're not into high price restaurants, but want good food and cleanliness is a must. Can you adise?

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 07:04 PM
wayne

We have reservations for a villa named Casa Maricielo there in P.V. Do you have any comments about it? It supposedly overlooks a bay and sits up on a hill. <BR>We'll be looking for moderately priced restaurants with good menus for fish and mexican food. We're not into high price restaurants, but want good food and cleanliness is a must. Can you advise?

Old Dec 5th, 1999, 02:49 PM
PT

Hola! Sorry about the delay in answering!!! I am not familiar with the villa that you are mentioning....please email me directly with address, etc and I will find out! There are so many activities and excellent restaurants around here, specializing in super Mexican food and seafood! Hoping to hear from you soon. PT

Old Dec 6th, 1999, 03:47 PM
Ryan

Hi! A friend and I currently have reservations for Cancun during Spring Break but are considering possibly going to Puerto Vallarta instead. How would you compare the Camino Real with the Westin...or any other high class hotels there. Also...what is the weather like in mid March? Should we expect sunny weater and dry weather? Is there enough night-life to keep us going? You can email me directly or post here...I try to check fairly often. <BR>Thanks!! <BR>Ryan

Old Dec 8th, 1999, 10:58 AM
Webjefita

Hi! I am choosing between Puerto Vallarta and Akumal for my June 2000 honeymoon. I know Akumal is close to Cancun and Mayan Ruins, etc. What is there to do in Puerto Vallarta? <BR> <BR>Webjefita <BR>

Old Dec 10th, 1999, 09:35 AM
CM

Hi PT! <BR>I'll be staying at the Tropicana hotel in PV in late Dec. My question: Thier website says that all of thier 160 rooms have air conditioning, but the travel agent says the cheap rooms have only a fan...so which is right? Plus, do you have any comments on the Tropicana? And, do you know the cheapest place to exchange money? <BR>Thanks, <BR>CM

Old Dec 11th, 1999, 12:51 AM
Hank

I have been to PV may times always in Feb. My experience is that you do not need AC. A ceiling fan is plenty. Unless they have changed, I do believe that not all rooms in the Tropicana are airconditioned. The best exchange rates are to use your ATM card at the cash machines. However, both banks and money exchange house give you fair exchange. There may be small difference between anyone bank or exchange house, so check around. Exchange rates are usually prominately posted. Do not exchange at a hotel. PS. The Tropicana is very well situtated near the pier and the los murtoes beach. Enjoy your vacation. <BR>Hank

Old Jan 3rd, 2000, 01:56 PM
Brian

Hi, I'll be traveling down to PV in mid Jan. I'll be staying in the Allegro Resort. Can you give me some good ideas for activities? I'll have to spend some quiet time w/ my wife, as well as some party time w/ my friends. Should I convert currency? Any suggestions on seafood restaurants?

Old Jan 4th, 2000, 05:44 AM
PT

Hi all...sorry about the delay in answering...will email each of you directly today or tomorrow! Gracias, PT

Old Jan 4th, 2000, 05:32 PM
Shaina

Hi, <BR>A friend and I are going to Mazatlan but would like to head down to Puerto Vallarta for a couple days. Can you reccomend some places that are as cheap as possible, but also relativley nice and safe. Also, we are considering Ixtapa instead of PV. How would you compare the two cities? Thankks

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 06:55 AM
Mary P.

We are going to Puerto Vallarta Jan. 18th and stayng at Westin Regina.Any suggestions you can give us about things to do or restaurants would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!