Planet Hollywood Resort Costa Rica

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2021, 03:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone else who stayed here recently been diagnosed with a Shigella or E. Coli infection? I visited at the end of May. I only drank bottled water & booked all of my excursions through Planet Hollywood Experiences, yet ended up hospitalized with infectious colitis. I also had a staff member serve me a breakfast sandwich & then vomit in the sink after I ate it. Planet Hollywood is insisting I did not get sick from their staff. They are also refusing to offer me any compensation or assistance with my hospital bills because they said that other people would have been sick if I contracted it there…so I’m posting everywhere to find out if I truly was the only person to get sick on my stay with them.
Old Jun 14th, 2021, 05:13 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
You did not get "sick from their staff" but it sounds like you did get sick from their food (or food you ate out on excursions they provided). Bottled water is great but it doesn't help if you get bad food.

What kind of compensation are you seeking? What are you hoping from this post if other people did say "yes me too"

There is a slim to no chance anyone will read your post who was at that resort at that time on this forum. If you truly want to pursue this check over on Trip Advisor, the Costa Rica board, and other internet forums that host reviews of resort properties.
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

I was hoping to find other people who have gotten sick, as they said I’m the only one. I’ve posted on multiple sites, including trip advisor & social media websites…I heard this was a good travel site too.
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 12:28 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
The hotel's claim that others would have been sick is bogus. Twice I've gotten violently ill, in Israel & in India, after eating with others having the same foods, same server, and I was the only one who got the tainted item. It happens, 1 person can become ill while others escape it. So if you're able to pursue your claim, just do it, with or without others.
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 04:11 PM

Sorry you got sick. I haven't heard of anyone else being affected.