Places to visit bewteen Puebla and Oaxaca

Old Jul 6th, 2024, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Places to visit bewteen Puebla and Oaxaca

I want to vist both Puebla and Oaxaca. I would like to stop and visit a few places on the way. Any recommendations? I interested in both nice towns, archaeological sites, nature and more.
Old Jul 6th, 2024, 03:51 PM

Town-wise, there's not much between Oaxaca & Puebla except for Tehuacán, and it's missable. My suggestion would be Orizaba, while it's not exactly on the way, it's not terribly far out of the way. And Córdoba is close by. Orizaba doesn't have an outstanding collection of colonial architecture due to a pretty strong earthquake, but it's an interesting town with some good points of interest; Cerro de Borrego, river walk, Palacio de Hierro.
Old Jul 6th, 2024, 11:38 PM

I was asking myself that same question when planning our trip later this year as we are kicking of our trip with a few days in Puebla before heading down to Oaxaca . I did seriously consider Orizaba as it seemed interesting and it was also on the Ado bus route between the two cities. However, in the end I decided it wasn’t worth the one night stop which tends to involve a disproportionate amount of time "wasted" in transit. Instead I plan on a couple of day trips out of Puebla to Tlaxacala and Huamantala.
Old Jul 7th, 2024, 01:03 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply. And to clarify, it's doesn't have to be exactly in between the two cities. Suggestions a bit further away wiuld be fine as well. So it could even be furthat than Oaxaca. Then I'll see how much time I have. Cheers.