Pictures - CR Trip, Osa and Orosi Valley

Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pictures - CR Trip, Osa and Orosi Valley

Thanks to those of you that taught me how to share my pics. Yes, you can teach old dogs new tricks.

I ended up using Shutterfly. No reason, other than it was the first I tried from your recommendations.

I set up 3 albums, thinking I could send you just one link. But that is not the case.

So here they are for those of you that might like to see:

This link will take you to the portion of our trip that was spent at Bosque del Cabo in the Osa Pennisula.

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EehNGblo3cOyg

This one will take you to the Iguana Lodge, also in the Osa.

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EehNGblo3cO6A

And finally this one will take you to Cartago and the Orosi Valley.

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EehNGblo3cPFg

Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:48 AM

Great photos. We'll be there in May. Can't wait.
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 11:56 AM

What beautiful pictures! Now I definitely cannot wait to go to the Osa. How long is the walk from BDC to the beach? Preferably a beach where my husband can surf. Thanks. Glad you had such a wonderful trip. We're heading back to CR in May, but unfortunately I don't think we'll have time to make it to the Osa on this trip. We'll be in the northwest and MA. There's always the next trip!
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 12:17 PM

Thanks for posting your pictures! We're deciding if we should stay at Bosque del Cabo(again) next time we go to the Osa or try some place new. As much as we love Bosque, we also like trying new places. Maybe the Iguana Lodge!

Thanks again for posting.
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 01:51 PM

Thanks for the pics Donna! I leave Saturday for my first CR trip, so I'm definitely in the mood now!! I wish we would've included Osa in our trip...Iguana Lodge looks fantastic!
Old Feb 22nd, 2005, 03:22 PM
Original Poster

Well, I am glad everyone is enjoying the pictures.

For all of you that are headed down - I am GREEN with ENVY! Even though we just returned - I would go again tomorrow in a heartbeat.

For those of you not making it to the Osa this time, don't worry, you will get there. This was our 4th trip to CR, but our 1st to the Osa. We will be back!

Ardie514 - Unfortunately we are not surfers, so I really can't help you. The Pacific trail, takes about 20 minutes to walk down. Hopefully someone else can advise you as to whether or not you can surf. There was one couple at BDC with their surfboard.

RickB - I understand completely trying out new places. I think next time we may try something on the Drake Bay side, but will definitely get back to Bosque del Cabo - I absolutely loved it! Iguana was nice, a perfect spot to get away from things. But I also think it would be a great place to do daytrips from.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 08:34 AM

Well now! I've been lurking around here for a couple of months now trying to gather info for our trip to CR. Your wonderful pictures brought me out of hiding. They are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing them with us. Now I'm really in a dilemma. Do we head to Guanacaste or to Osa? I know they're two different places but Hubby is a beach person and I'm a wildlife AND beach person. I'm afraid we won't get that much of a beach experience on the Osa. Decisions, decisions!
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 12:58 PM

We just returned from Bosque del Cabo last night. We also stayed in Casa Miramar. I was a little nervous at night with all the critters, but we absolutely loved it. Wish we had done the fishing trip. It looked wonderful in your pictures. I am busy writing my trip report now. Thanks for sharing.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 01:51 PM
Original Poster

Wanderin Traveler - You may have read my trip report a few days back. But just in case, as you see from our pictures, we stayed at Bosque - for the jungle experience, and then moved to Iguana - for all day relaxing on the beach. This worked out perfect for us. However, with the ease of domestic flying, you could easily do part in the Osa and then a beach up on the Guanacaste area. Anyway good luck with your choices, whatever you choose it cannot be wrong.

Soleil - to clarify, we did not actually stay in Miramar, I was invited in by the guest that were staying there. Got a few shots and posted for others that were questioning this house. It was an incredible place. And the little package you got each evening, these guest got the same thing!
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 04:28 AM

Donna, I've only just looked at the BDC photos. Will do the others later. The fishing looks so much fun in your photos--we'll have to do that sometime--both of us love it! We'll be fishing for halibut in Alaska first of June. Thank you so much--brought back such wonderful memories.

Eduardo is looking good! That black bird with the red breast is a scarlet rumped tanager. It was Eduardo that taught us that little bit. We saw lots of them on the Caribbean side in October. One of my favorites.

Can't wait to look at your other photos--off to school now! Don't you just miss like heck not being there? I'm in withdrawal as we speak! It's been 4 months, and I don't think I can stand it until June or July. Airfare is so reasonable right now! Take care, and thanks again for going to all the trouble! Someday I'll figure out how to do that! Tenga un dia bueno, Jill
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

Jill, Eduardo was great, we really enjoyed our morning with him.

The fishing was great fun! I really did not want to go, since I had never caught a fish in my entire life!! So glad he talked me into going. But honestly I was thinking "well at least I will be on the water" I even carried a book. Never, Ever had time to think about reading a book! I was exhausted, but on such an adrenaline rush! Lots of fun.

Enjoy the halibut!

Thanks for the name of that bird! You probably read that I have misplaced my little notepad - it also had all the bird names. And the name of the bird book that Eduardo used. I really liked its layout. Oh well! I guess I will just have to buy the one at B&N. You know I am hooked now!

And yes - the girls are leaving next Friday and I so want to go! I look forward to the time that we can go and stay several weeks.

You are welcome!
Thanks!
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 06:21 PM

One of my children gave me that book for Christmas--Field Guide to the Birds of Costa Rica. It's a great book! Definitely plan on doing more birding and getting more familiar with sights and sounds.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 06:43 PM

Just finished viewing the rest of your photos--thanks so much--they're all so good! Orosi Valley--you said it best: photos just don't do it justice. Planning your next trip yet? Let us know how things go for your daughter!
Tico Times reported Leonardo DiCaprio visiting Malpais in the last week. . .perhaps she'll run into him. This must be a popular beach location for the famous--a Fodorite posted about seeing Gwyneth Paltrow and baby in Frank's Place a few months ago.
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 03:55 PM

what great photos...we take our first trip to cr in july- when were you there? any suggestions? ever been there for the "green"season?
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 05:04 PM

Thank you so much for posting your pictures. BDC and Iguana Lodge look wonderful. I am on my vacation on Harbour Island, in The Bahamas but I wish we had gone to the Osa...