Top Ten Things to bring to Mexico?

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 07:57 AM
Todd R. Mitchell

Top Ten Things to bring to Mexico?

Can anyone help me, just making a list for my trip to mexico, any tips? <BR>

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 10:49 AM
Sue

Todd: You don't say where in Mexico, but here are a few things you might want to add to your list: sun screen, bug juice,Imodium or such, camera and lots of film, mask and fins, torch, travel alarm clock, and, most important, a bottle opener! As one of life's dedicated wimps, I also take surf sox or old runners that I wear to walk on rocks in or by the ocean. <BR>

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 10:55 AM
mary

I like to take a portable CD player and a few of my favorite CD's for listening while in the room.

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 01:04 PM
Susan

In terms of medication, you can buy almost anything you need in Mexico - the country has a huge number of farmacias and even antibiotics are sold over the counter. <BR> <BR>We just got back the other day from Mexico. I always like to take ear plugs when I travel (I even use them sometimes at home). People get going early in Mexico and they're useful if you want to stay in bed. We also took a little coffee heater - just the little immersible thing that you plug in and stick in a cup. We took along some flavoured instant coffee and a couple of mugs. Even though we always went out for breakfast, sometimes we wanted to take our time getting up and dressed. <BR> <BR>The other thing that I usually take along with me when I travel is soap or shower lotion. I am not crazy about those little bars of soap that you usually get.

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 07:38 AM
mexicodan

Pepto Bismol tablets, sun screen, gum, candy to give to the children. If staying awhile and cooking, coffee bean, canned turkey-chicken, pasta mixes. <BR> <BR>adios! <BR> <BR>mexicodan <BR>www.choice1.com/villamontana.htm

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 12:03 PM
Leslie

Just returned. A hat is a must - or plan to by a handmade straw one while there!

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 09:11 PM
Mexicana

PLEASE don't hand out candy to children. <BR> <BR>First, most don't get regular dental care and the very poor don't even brush their teeth for lack of brushes and toothpaste. <BR> <BR>Second, handing ANYTHING to children in the street can (and does) turn them into expecting foreign visitors to give them something. <BR>How would you like visiting foreigners giving YOUR children candy or anything else while you are walking down the street. <BR> <BR>Please don't do it.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 07:26 AM
xxx

Please, you can find anything and everything in Mexico from pepto-bismol to designer bags. The things you should bring are personal things that you will miss such as a personal cd player, cd's, your favorite magazines, books to read if you are at the beach. Things like that.

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 01:43 PM
Bill

If you are staying in Cancun you will have everything you need. If you are as far away as Tulum immodium, sunscreen, large bottles of water. The small ones provided are enough to brush your teeth with and thats about all.Don't wet or rinse your toothbrush under the tap.The water is not safe that far out. If you get sick you won't be able to get to a farmacia to get what you need, touristas hits hard and fast.