Peace Lodge

Old Jan 29th, 2005, 08:02 AM
rdp
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peace Lodge

Does anyone know a better way to make reservations directly with the Peace Lodge? I have tried the reservations web page with no luck to date. Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 08:15 AM

I am having the same problem.
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 10:23 AM

Had the same problem last week. No reply for a week, then got an email back saying their server had had problems. I couldn't get in, and she said March was practically completely booked.
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 03:59 PM
rdp
Original Poster

I did finally get an email back as well. They do have availability when I looking to go, and they did note the ongoing construction that so many people have mentioned in various postings. Has anyone arrived in SJ at 8:30pm in evening, rather than in the morning? Any suggestions on transportation if so?
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 05:16 PM

Peace Lodge can most likely make arrangements for your transportation up to the lodge. They did that for us. It wasn't at that time though. There will be plenty of taxis available when you get off the plane also.
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 11:10 AM
rdp
Original Poster

Thanks. Any suggestions on what activitities are the best while at Peace Lodge? Also, we are splitting part of trip b/t Peace Lodge and Tabacon. We have a better room at Peace Lodge, so are curious as to opinions on where to spend more time (room should clearly not be the only factor). Is the canopy tour at Peace Lodge comparable to one in Arenal?
Old Jan 31st, 2005, 11:32 AM

rdp and anyone trying to get into PL, regarding your reservation question, when I was rejected by peace lodge Laura Abarca from there referred me to centralamerica.com, specifically Paula, and they rounded up a room for me. it was quite a surprise but believe me, a welcome one!

as far as activities, i noticed their website has many day and half day trips they can arrange for you. they also have the Arenal volcano day trip which ends at the hot springs and then they run you back to the lodge while you crash out in the van. sounds great, but poss recommended against it, saying it was too long a drive and that would waste some time. might be better to stick to Poas unless Arenal is a must, which it very well might be.