Parking safety at Sky Trek/Sky Adventures Theme Park - Arenal

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We plan on driving to Sky Adventures Theme Park - Arenal directly from SJO with all of our bags and doing the zipline adventure, then on to Arenal Observatory Lodge for our lodging reservations. Can anyone tell me if the parking at Sky Adventures is secure. I know the general advice is to never leave bags in an unattended vehicle in Costa Rica. However, given the relative isolation of the Sky Adventure park in Arenal, I was wondering if it was more safe? Possibly on-site security?
I would appreciate anyone's advice.
Thanks!
Old Jul 17th, 2012, 03:22 PM

Personally I wouldn't do it. I'd just go to the hotel first and drop everything off. If you don't want to do that, I'd e-mail them and ask them about it. We used their pickup and drop off service from our hotel. I remember they had lockers available, but they would be too small for big bags.
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 12:19 PM

We have done it with no problems. They have a small parking lot that is visible to the check in desk. With that said, anything could happen. We also take the big black plastic garbage bags from home and stick our backpacks in those so if anyone looks in the back it looks like trash. Leave nothing of value visible. Put your money, etc in lockers.
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 06:17 PM

Honestly it would probably be okay, but we've met so many people who have had their cars broken into, even in parking lots that were secure or where they could even see their car. If you do it, you just have to know you're taking a risk.
Old Jul 18th, 2012, 07:54 PM

Your hotel isn't too far from the same road; why not just drop off your stuff, if you're worried (though the parking lot seemed pretty safe to me).