COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Paradise Village: Neuvo Vallarta

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 06:44 PM
Lori

Paradise Village: Neuvo Vallarta

Has anyone stayed @ Paradise Village in Neuvo Vallarta recently? We are considering it for early January.
Looking for luxury oceanfront w/ excellent beach. Not really interested in 'all inclusive' so need to know if there are good restaurants nearby.
Thanks!

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 03:28 PM
Topper

Anyone know anything about Paradise Village?

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 04:03 PM
tricia

I think that the Camino Real would be my opinion of Luxury and great beach.
And close to town to dine out whenever you wanted. Paradise Village is in Nuevo Vta. and only the hotel restaurants are close by. The ocean at the Camino is much nicer. I'm sure paradise village is a nice place but, I again vote south of town.

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 08:00 AM
Lori

Thanks, Tricia! Can you tell me a little bit more about Camino Rreal? Do they have suites/condos or just rooms?
Have you stayed there? Is it a good place for families?( for some reason the above extra 'r' in Real won't delete!???)
Look fwd. to your reply & comments from others on where we shd. stay! ( still wld. love to hear from somebody who has stayed @ Paradise Village>>>>)

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 08:03 AM
bjg

There are a few very nice restaurants nearby but as the previous poster mentions, N.V. is further away from town and the huge variety it offers. I would not stay in N.V. myself just because there are so many better areas so stay in.

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 12:10 PM
Lori

Thx for your comments,bjg! OK, so if not Paradise Village, then where? We need @ 1BR oceanfront suite/condo, not just a room. A 'junior suite' wld. also suffice.....as long as wherever we stay has a fridge & kitchen area so that we can make our own breakfast. Any suggestions for such accomodations closer to PV?

Old Sep 14th, 2001, 04:20 PM
Ron

Paradise Village is a great place to stay. We stayed there last year in May and are going back in November. There are activities going on all the time so you don't really have to go anywhere else. You can always take a bus into P.V. which is a fun thing to do. The restaurants at the hotel are good but expensive. You could also eat in the Marina area which has many restaurants and is only 15 min. away by bus or taxi. There is also a shopping mall next to the resort which has a grocery store. The resort has a zoo with rescued animals. It has miles of sandy beach to walk on. We rented a Jeep at the resort and visted neighbouring villages and towns. The resort's nightclub is family oriented in the earlier part of the evening. Have fun!

Old Sep 15th, 2001, 09:57 PM
suzie

Paradise Village is a great place to stay in Nuevo Vallarta. The spa there is fantastic! The beach is very good but the swimming isn't all that great...they have a beautiful pool there too. We had a beautiful studio overlooking the ocean.Plenty big ffor the two of us. Our best friends have an interval vacation timeshare,and go there for 2 weeks each Feb.-Mar. time frame. Altho we have been to Mexico before and I thought I'd rather not return...we loved this place.The cab ride to town is only about 20 minutes and there are great restaurants in town.I'd definitely choose this place over staying in town. Oh yes, our friends have had both one and two bedroom condos. Of course the penthouse is fabulous...we looked at it with the thot of bringing our married children and grandkids with us sometime. They have a kids club for schoolage kids that is great..

Old Sep 16th, 2001, 12:11 PM
Lori

Suzie, why is the swimmumg not good? Undertows? Rough waters? Rocky? Polluted? We are hoping to spend a lot of time in the water so we need more info. on this one! If the swimmimg is not that great @ the beach then I am wondering if the pool area becomes overcrowded. Is the pool near the beach?

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 12:45 PM
Mike

I don't know why Suzie would say the swimming in the ocean is not good. We've been going to Paradise Village every year for the past five years, and my favorite activity is playing in the ocean. There has never been an undertow the times we have been there, and the waves are perfect for playing in. There is a lot of shallow water near the sand, and even my 2 and 4 year old grandchildren can play safely there (with close supervision, of course). There are miles of beach to walk along. The beach in front of the hotel is very wide, and has numerous cabanas for shelter from the sun. There are two beautiful, large pools ocean-side, only a few feet from the beach. One is a quiet pool for simple swimming and relaxing. It is almost always empty. The other has organized activities in it, which can be great fun for those who like games, etc. There are many more people in that pool. Both pools have waterslides and hot pools attached. I think Paradise Village is a phenominal resort, appealing to people of all ages. Feel free to contact me if you want more information.
Mike

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Lorraine

I have stayed at La Jolla for 3 years in a row. We are planning to go back to PV in March again. (Great town!)
But are thinking about changing hotels...just for a change. Looking at Paradise Village...How are the 1 bedroom accomodations...how is the food?
Is the beach nice? La Jolla is a great place...but beach is narrow and not great. Really can't swim in it. 2 bedroom accomodations there are great though. We go into town every night for dinner....so many great restaurants...from La JOlla it took us about 20-25 minutes...by cab...how far is Paradise VIllage from town? THanks for your help. Any ?s re La Jolla I can help...