Paradise Village Beach Resort -Nuevo Vallarta

Mar 18th, 2000, 03:10 PM
Ron

Paradise Village Beach Resort -Nuevo Vallarta

If anyone has been to this resort,I would appreciate any info on it.Whats the beach like? Resturants?

Mar 18th, 2000, 03:30 PM
tracy

Hi Ron,
I went to Paradise Village in November of '98 for my Honeymoon. It was one of the best vacations I have ever been on...in fact I will be going back this August and bringing some family with me!

The hotel is beautiful and has so much to offer that you practically don't ever have to leave the resort! The restaurants were all good, as was the snack cafe on the beach! The people were very friendly and there are activities galore!

The beach is really nice, with little huts you can sit under to get out of the sun...they provide beach towels and a waiter walks around the beach taking food and drink orders throughout the day. The hotel has its own little money exchange place and lots of tours that they can set you up on.

If you have anymore general or specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them!

Mar 19th, 2000, 06:21 PM
Wendy

My husband and I just got back from Paradise Village 3 weeks ago - our 5th visit there. We bought a time share at this resort 4 years ago with the intention of trading to different places each year, however this place is so fantastic we have not wanted to go anywhere else.
It is a place where you can just lay on the beach or be active all the time. We have stayed in the studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and last Christmas brought our 4 children and granddaughter and had the 3 bedroom penthouse. Each unit has a kitchen and most people go to the grocery store just outside the gates and by food for breakfast and lunch and eat out for supper. We are going back at Christmas with the nine in our family - our two university sons love it and all the sports, my husband loves the water sports and my daughter and I love the nine miles of beach for walks. They have a great boat trip on the Sea Lion trimaran, leaves right from the marina outside the hotel - great trip and good value. Anything that is offered from the hotel is a good bet and safe.
They also have a world class spa - worth a visit.
I travel extensively on my job and I have yet stayed at a resort as great as this - you will have a great time

Wendy

Mar 21st, 2000, 12:56 PM
vicki leopold

Ron,
I also just got back from Paradise Village. While what everyone said is absolutely true, the place and beach are beautiful and there is much to do., However, I for one enjoyed staying in town at two fabulous places that were less then half the price. I thought that Paradise could be anywhere, while staying in town was really being part of the culture and was so much fun, so accessible. Also I did not like the additional rip off charge of 15% at all restaurants at Paradise. This was not the case in any other restaurant in PV. I stayed at Molino de Agua which is like staying in the most gorgeous garden and also on the beach, but in town and Hotel Los Arcos. Depends on what you want.

Mar 22nd, 2000, 07:39 PM
Rob

I visited Paradise Village during my recent vacation to a smaller resort north of PV. I found the resort to be decadent and over-done - very typical of many similar resorts in the U.S.. There was a zoo at the entrance of the resort to entertain the masses of tourists that came to the resort, and I found it to be particularly offensive, especially while watching the same masses unattended children poking sticks in at the unattended animals in their tiny cages, while their parents photographed them. In addition, the resort itself is so grossly overdone that one feels like they're entering a Las Vegas-style show, complete with dancing seals and golden retrievers to entertain the new arrivals. This truly is Mexico at its worst. I hope my fellow Canadians will heed my warnings and steer clear of this pathetic excuse for a resort.

Mar 23rd, 2000, 04:10 PM
Ron

To Vicki Leopold:
Re:15% charge added to restaurant bills at Paradise Village.Isn't that the acceptable rate for tips? Mexican people earn very little and depend on the tips for their livelihood. I've been to many restaurants in Canada and the USA where the tip is added on to the bill as well.

Mar 24th, 2000, 05:29 AM
L. Welch

Hi Ron-
Though I've never stayed at the Paradise Village, I stayed at the Allegro, which is also in Nuevo Vallarta. Take into consideration that the town of Puerto Vallarta is about a 30 minute drive from Nuevo, which I think cost about 10 U.S. dollars each way. You can take a bus for much less, but it takes longer, and the buses stop their service rather early in the evening. If you are planning on enjoying restaurants/bars, shops, and markets, you may want to consider staying closer, or in, town.
Have fun!

Lisa

Mar 24th, 2000, 01:49 PM
vicki

To Ron,
The 15% tax is NOT the tip. One needs to add the tip on top of that. The 15% tax was explained to me by the management after I explained that it is a government tax and all restaurants have to pay it but most add it to the price of dinner etc. Except in Paradise Village the dinners were already expensive and the 15% tax was clearly a rip off because NONE of the other restaurants added that Government tax on top of the dinner cost. Of course we added a tip of 15% so the already high bill was increased by 30 %. I did think the place was beautiful but I would not go back because 1. It could be anywhere 2. Its too far from Town and I enjoy mingling and seeing and 3. I don't enjoy being ripped off

Mar 24th, 2000, 03:53 PM
Ron

To Vicki Leopold:
Thanks for the clarification.
We have stayed in PV before and enjoyed the downtown area and the malecon. This time we're going to try the Paradise Village Resort. We're going at the end of April. Plan to visit downtown PV and explore areas north.

Has anyone been at the Chez Elena restaurant? Do you recommend it?

Apr 3rd, 2000, 05:35 PM
Phil

I went to PV for a pair of Oakley's at the mall and hated it. I saw a fat kid poking a monkey and an obese eleven year old poking a monkey.

Apr 3rd, 2000, 09:19 PM
Chad

The hotel itself is not bad and the beach was rather nice, more so than in Puerto Vallarta proper. My real beef with Paradise Village was the hotel's incessant time-share sales pitch. While I expected to be bothered in Pueto Vallarata by time share sales people, I was appalled at that badgering my wife and I received from the hotel employees. We were bothered on the beach, poolside, and while walking through the hotel. We received early morning phone calls, had time share literture slid under our door in the middle of the night and had sales people knocking on our door. It was constant and unbelievable. The words "no, I'm absolutely not interested" only semed to encourage them. I would not return and cannot recommend the hotel only for this reason.