Panama City AND the Osa Peninsula?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if you can fly from Panama City to the Osa Peninsula? From what I can find, it looks like you can only fly to the Osa from elsewhere in Costa Rica.

I'm wondering if it's possible to combine the two into a relatively short vacation (a week or less), which doesn't allow us time for more than a couple of destinations. If we can't get directly from Panama City to the Osa, we might be better off staying only in Panama or only in CR. Thanks for any advice you can give!

(We've been to CR twice, but not to the Osa. If we have to choose, we'll go to a couple different places in Panama this time and save the Osa for another trip.)
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 01:01 PM

www.ticabus.com your best option no plane.

But doable with a stop at Boquete...
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 04:41 PM

I think Nature Air flies to Bocas del Toro but I think that is the only place they fly in Panama....they fly to Puerto Jimenez in Osa so I would guess you would have to get from Panama City to Bocas and then could fly to Osa?? but not positive about this...and probably stop in SJ briefly
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 04:54 PM

If I had a week or less, I'd stick with just Panama or just Costa Rica, but not try to combine both, especially when it includes a remote destination like Osa.
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 06:13 PM

I agree with Jeff, best to just stick to one or the other for a week. But yes, if you did both you'd have a plane change at Pavas.
Old Mar 24th, 2009, 06:21 PM

Hi, you can only fly to the Osa from within Costa Rica via Sansa or Nature Air. Unless of course you charter a private aircraft.

Definitely don't try to combine the two countries in one week of time. Do them separately.

I write a travel blog on Costa Rica. I invite you to check it out at www.costaricalearn.com

I am thinking of opening a travel company in Costa Rica specializing in the Osa Peninsula. I lived in Costa Rica for 8 years and have been working as a travel agent specializing in CR for many years now.
I dont' know travel in Panama-wish I did.
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, all! This reinforces the decision to stick to one or the other.
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 09:21 AM

If you have decided to go to Osa, I have done a lot of research on this as I am including Bosque del Cabo in Osa with my trip to Panama in April. If you really want to go to the OSA like I do, you can fly to David from Panama City, an hour flight($160 rt) with Air Panama or Aeroperlas. From David, you can take a bus across the border and then a taxi/bus to a port or wherever you are going in the Osa. I would contact your hotel and find out how to get there from the border. I've heard it takes about 4hours from David to Bosque del Cabo from the hotel and other posters but then I hear border crossing can sometimes run long. I have also heard you can hire someone who speaks english to assist you with the border crossing once you arrive at the border so it runs more smoothly. Whatever you decide... enjoy!
Old Mar 25th, 2009, 09:22 AM

or the other option would be to fly to san jose and then to the Osa