Panama - Azuero Peninsula and El Valle de Anton hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My short trip (another post) has been narrowed down to 2 nights Panama City, 1 night El Valle de Anton and 2 nights Azuero Peninsula (Pedasi, Playa Venao area)\

Hotel possibilities for El Valle - Park Eden $, Los Mandarinos $$-$$$, Anton Valley Hotel $$
For Azuero Peninsula - La Playita (no hot water; $88), Villa Marina ($165) Posada de los Destiladeros ($125)

Anyone been to any of these? Any recommendations? Is hot water worth $77?

Thanks
Leslie
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 11:01 AM

I have been to both towns but didn't stay at any of the places on your list.

If you're considering other places I can recommend Golden Frog in El Valle and Casita Margarita in Pedasi.

It seems you're considering places on the beach for Azuero? We did stop by La Playita to look at the animals, but have no idea about their accommodations. I think when I was planning the trip I looked into Destiladeros and never got any response.
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 12:10 PM

We stayed at the Anton Valley Hotel and liked it very much. Right in town (such as it is). Some nice chairs on the porch where it's fun to sit and watch the townspeople go by (mostly on bicycle interestingly enough). Owners were pleasant and helpful. Common areas charming. A nice breakfast area. Room had a bit of charm. We definitely stay there again.
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 12:48 PM

Casita Margarita definitely for Pedasi. As for El Valle I would stay at Casa Di Pietra, it's a lovely B&B that has a very charming host and delicious food. It's great for singles or couples and just a 5 minute walk to "town".
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for good advice....
We opted for Park Eden in El Valle (golden frog is closed on our dates) and got a rate of $115 for Villa Marina in Playa Venao. Now I'm worried about doing too much driving for such a short trip.
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 03:56 PM

Leslie,

When are you traveling? Let us know about trip upon return. I'm going for the month of February. I'd love to here more.
Old Aug 31st, 2010, 03:20 PM
Original Poster

We are traveling late sept/early oct. we have since changed our minds and have 1 night Panama City, then 2 nights in Playa Venao, then 1 night unplanned (stay at beach or go to El Valle) then last night Panama City. I will be sure to give a trip report.

We would have preferred Bocas del Toro, but chickened out due to rainfall numbers. If we were going in February, we'd be going to Bocas for sure and stay at El Natural on Isla Bastimientos. We've heard great things about it. We will go there next time, for sure.
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 03:59 AM

I am interested on learning about your experience. We visited Panama last year with a company name Sendero Panama and they recommended the Azuero area, we opted at the end for Bocas and was fantastic. My family and I are planing to visit Panama again and maybe do the Azuero area this time.