Pampering Resort in Costa Rica?

Old Aug 15th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pampering Resort in Costa Rica?

We are looking for a resort with a spa and great food for our first trip to Costa Rica. We prefer jungle over beach but both would be ideal! Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 09:23 AM

You might like Punta Islita. If you do like this hotel, then check out Luxury Link because you might get a very good deal!
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 08:03 PM

Haven't been there but El Tucano looks interesting. It is located about 1 hr from Arenal and about 1 1/2hrs from San Jose. It has hot thermal springs that act as natural Jacuzzis, pools, mud baths, tennis, massages, etc.
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 02:10 PM

Lots of others to choose from:
Paradisus Playa Conchal
Tabacon
Xandari
I am sure there are plenty of others that people can come up with.
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 08:33 AM

We were just at Xandari the end of July. They have a fabulous spa thats been open about 8 months. It is the most beautiful spa facility I've ever been to ( and I've been to many spas, I'm a spa babe! ). My daughters had pedicures in a little bungalow overlooking the jungle and valley, my husband and I both had deep tissue massages , also in little open air bungalows and they were very well excecuted. We did a half hour private Jacuzzi in the bungalow before our massages. It was heaven! The prices in the spa were very reasonable for a resort. The standards were American but at Costa Rican prices. We thought the food at Xandari was good and not too expensive and the rooms and grounds are beautiful.Check out the website! Next time I need a spa buzz I'm heading back to Xandari!
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 02:48 PM

My husband and I took a trip to Costa Rica this summer. We stayed at Tabacon, Hotel California in Manuel Antonio and Xandari. Of all the places, Xandari was the best. Both Tabacon and Xandari have spas and they were both fantastic as we used both. Tabacon has wonderful hot springs that are breathtaking. Xandari is about a 20 minute cab ride from the San Jose airport. The climate there is perfect as it is in the hills. They do have day trips there to see the volcanos, beaches, rafting etc so it is a good centrally located place. There is really something special there! There are trails thru a rainforest that you can hike to to waterfalls. The food was good and is prepared from vegatables grown on the property. I also thought the food at Tabacon was very good. If you can go to both, I would do it but we liked Xandari the best and hope to go bach there someday.
Old Aug 18th, 2003, 03:07 PM

My husband and I were in CR two weeks ago. We stayed at Villa Caletas on the Pacific Coast. We found an excellent deal for them on luxurylink.com. Our room and view were stunning.
They have a spa which is an outpost of one in the local town of Jaco. We wound up having treatments in town because they were 40% cheaper there.
The hotel is on a cliff overlooking the ocean and jungle below. It's about 1 1/2 hours north of Manual Antonio.