Palermo Sensible apartment???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking into a possible short-term apartment rental in Palermo Sensible. Anyone know this neighborhood? It's reported to be residential, close to Charcas Blvd & 2 blocks from Avenue Santa Fe? How accessible are food stores, shops, restaurants, parks, the subway? Safety? Thanks for all replies and advice.
Old Nov 27th, 2004, 11:14 AM

I don't know of an area called Palermo Sensible....do you have the cross streets? Charcas and Santa Fe run the same direction....

Linea D of the Subte runs in this general area....Charcas is middle class, not very touristy...Generally, a safer area....though perhaps not as safe as other parts of Palermo or Recoleta....

The best section of Charcas is near Bulnes, where the street divides and has a center island with trees and landscape...this and the surrounding area is referred to as Alto Palermo....

I like the Alto Palermo area very much, and there are lots of shops, restaurants,etc on the section of Charcas I mentioned as well as on Santa Fe and, of course, in Alto Palermo Mall....
Old Nov 27th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Dr. D......The BA Tourism Department should award you a medal for all that you do for their tourism..

I found the apt. listing on VRBO (vacation rentals by owner) and replied with a few questions. Then came across the same apt. being rented by Baya Lodging in BA, no street address on their website tho cell phone and FAX numbers were given. Heard of them? My next message to them will surely ask about cross streets, thanks!

Thanks, too, for your thoughts on Alto Palermo. Guess I'd better investigate rentals there. I know you are a fan of Mike's, but aren't his rentals mostly high end, pricewise? You answered a query I made a few months ago re "wait till I get there and see the rentals or line one up ahead of time, sight-unseen." Believe you recommended firming up an apt. before arrival. Will I be sorry if I don't do that? I guess I'd like to see what I'm paying for.

Old Nov 27th, 2004, 12:54 PM

Thanks for your kind comments. I really like BA, and since I spend so much time there I keep pretty current with tourism......

I don't know anything about baya, but I have rented several apartments in other parts of the world from VRBO with good results.

I recommend Mike and two or three others because I know they are competent and honest....there are plenty of other honest people in BA, but I dont know them....and cannot comment on their integrity....

And yes, most of Mike's apartments are high end....although he is adding new listing regularly...so you might check his site to see what is available..

The other rental agent I can vouch for is Nestor at internetvacationzone.com. I rented from them several years ago, an aparment on Posadas and Cerrito that was very nice and not expensive at the time....

I was in BA this past week and was surprised to find virtually all of the hotels were full....so it is probably best to reserve ahead.....but if you reserve a hote room and later find an apartment, you can check out of one and into the other....

Old Nov 27th, 2004, 05:55 PM

Kathy-

I agree with you about Drdawggy. I have benefitted from many of his posts. I agree that Mike at www.apartmentsba.com has mostly higher end luxury properties but you might want to email him. He has many listings that he doesn't list on his page because he told me he wants to keep the site with mostly luxury properties. Still, he told me that he has many cheaper properties.

I met him and took him out to dinner. He showed me 3 of his high end apartments. I believe some of his properties are also listed on VRBO.com My wife and I are renting one of his properties next year. I have rented apartments all around the world and I think his properties are some of the nicest and best furnished apartments I have seen in the world. Compared to a high end hotel his apartments are cheap.

I totally agree with DrDawggy about Mike. I have been to BA a few times now on business and many people in town seem to know him. He has a good reputation with the apartment rental community and other Americans I met in Recoleta that have rented with him.

DD is once again correct. The hotels were all full when I called to book a room this week for my sister that went down this week. She wanted to stay in a hotel but it was full. I called Mike and he found her a room at an apartment hotel.
Old Nov 28th, 2004, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, thank you, both of you. I'll email Mike pronto!