Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   palace resorts (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/palace-resorts-207274/)

gullible Nov 15th, 2001 06:00 AM

palace resorts

Is anyone else sick of the constant advertising from the Palace resort people? You know, the ones that are always allegedly from some awestruck recent visitor or someone looking for mexico's best resort _ they always use a lot of exclamation points! I can't help thinking this place must be pretty bad if, to get people to consider it, it must resort to putting such dumb messages on a travel board.

Natalie Nov 15th, 2001 07:52 AM

Hi Gullible,<BR><BR>Let them think that the palace resorts are the best, it will keep the real resorts available for ourselves. I have been to the Moon Palace (was outnumbred as 3 other couples insisted) and had an ok time but was not thrilled, and definitely thought it was not worth the money. There are so many other Less Expensive / Less Crowded ....but more upscale, resorts in the Maya area. You just need to know where to look and where to book.<BR>

xxx Nov 15th, 2001 08:53 AM

Yes, I agree. It seems half the posts on this board now are from this resort. They seem to write their own questions and then answer them themselves. I haven't been to a Palace resort but I would never go based on what I read here.

Dean Nov 15th, 2001 03:11 PM

Don't you just hate those people who complain about Palace Resorts and don't even put their own email address up?? I have also been to the Palace Resorts, the Moon Palace, Cancun Palace and the Xpu-Ha and they are wonderful resorts, the only downside of the Moon Palace is the beach other than that, is great. <BR><BR>If you don't like the Palace Resorts don't read about it. I have also stayed at the Copacabana and hated it, so if I see a post about it I just don't read it I don't feel the need to go post on a fake email address and slam people who rave about the resort.<BR>You must have no life if you sit here and read all these posts and complain about it.<BR><BR>If you don't like it don't read it!<BR><BR> Dean

janice Nov 15th, 2001 07:10 PM

Last Nov. we stayed at Aventura Palace. We were thrilled with everything about it. This fall we took our teenaged girls and stayed at the Cancun Palace. We had a great time. I know that the food gets a bit repititious but overall the food and drinks are good and the friendliness of the staff can't be beat. I am planning to return in January and I am staying at the Moon Palace with a group from work. I have no problem with Palace resorts but if there are better resorts for the same price I would be interested in hearing about them. Especially all inclusive.

keri Jun 23rd, 2002 01:07 PM

I am sorry you won't give the Palace Resorts their due respect. My husband and I stayed at Moon and we have booked Aventura Spa for this November. The resorts are amazing, awesome food and very courteous staff. The rooms were gorgeous, not to mention the views from each room were breathtaking. Don't knock it until you try it!! Oh my heavens, I used exclamation marks, excuse me!!!!!!!!!!!<BR>