Notices

package travel for independent family

Old Apr 29th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
package travel for independent family

Need Help!
Would like to go to Peru for 3 weeks in August - family with 2 girls 11 and 14. Have always done all the leg work and driving even in Central America but does not sound doeable in Peru. Can anyone suggest a company that can help with land and air but where we will have some freedom and not be with others in a tour group.
Thanks in advance
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 09:06 AM

Explorandes...
http://www.explorandes.com/

And

Peruvian Andes Adventures... http://www.peruvianandes.com/english.htm

We have used Explorandes on two prior trips and are using them for our upcoming northern Peru trip. This trip Ray has also arranged a 4-day hike with Peruvian Andes Adventures. Our trip is in May/June. So post back if you are interested in how he liked the services of Peruvian Andes Adventures... so far, all the correspondence back and forth has bee quite helpful and prompt.

Sharon
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 09:20 AM

I've planned a trip for 3 of us to Peru in June for 2.5 weeks. I've not used a travel agency, except for our tickets to Machu Pichu. I've been able to work with many of the hotels and B&Bs that we've made accomodations at to make all the other land arrangments. I found that the travel agencies and tour groups are much, more expensive than doing all the leg work myself. By the way, this is the 8th trip that I've planned to central and south America without a lot of help from a travel agency. It takes a lot of work and time on the computer, but I love doing the work and don't like travel in groups.
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

Dear Vandykes
Thank you so much. I think I am going to do it on my own. Is there still time to book hotels for early August if I get on it right away?
I would love to see your itinerary. So far - am thinking of going to Cusco for 3 days- 4 day Inca trail and then to Iquitos but have just started to look at all of this.
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 03:46 PM

belly,

Please email me and I'll be happy to share our itinerary with you. I have a large spreadsheet that details itinerary and all expected expenses for our trip. My email address is [email protected]

And I'm sure you won't have any trouble booking accomodations for August.