P.V. Hotel Need Help from experienced travelers

Jan 12th, 2002, 06:14 PM
Justin

P.V. Hotel Need Help from experienced travelers

My wife and I are going to PV for the 1st time this March. My options for accommodations are as follows - Crown Paradise AI or Playa Los Arcos. We like the beach and getting a feel for the area, but certainly could appreciate laying around and doing nothing. Please give your 2 cents!

Jan 12th, 2002, 07:38 PM
Lana

Hi! I am sorry I have not stayed at the hotels you have mentioned, but I do have another suggestion. We went to PV last year in February and stayed at the Blue Bay Getaway- AI. It is adults only, about 10-15 min walk to downtown, nice beach, staff is friendly, food is good- did not get sick. You will love PV, lots of tour activities, nightlife, fine restaurants.

Jan 12th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Sandi

Hi. I would recommed the Crown Paradise. It is an adults only property in a great location. It is all inclusive with a la carte meals at all 3 dinner times (this is rare, most are buffet with an a la carte meal at supper only!). This is my two cents.

Jan 12th, 2002, 08:30 PM
JRinPV

Have to disagree, Playa Los Arcos is on Los Muertos Beach on the south side of town which is the real Puerto Vallarta. The others are in areas which were built for hotels and are just commercial areas. If you want to experience Puerto Vallarta you have to choose Los Arcos.

Jan 13th, 2002, 12:38 AM
john

another vote for the real p.v.

Jan 13th, 2002, 04:08 AM
Justin

I am sort of leaning towards Playa Los Arcos, but am afraid I'll see the Crown Paradise and kick myself. Is Playa Los Arcos nice, or just more authentic mexican? Also, for those of you who have stayed at Crown Paradise, how do their restaurants compare to other PV restaurants?

Jan 13th, 2002, 09:12 AM
mexicodan

Old Town PV is the only place to be on Playa los Muertos!!

adios!
mexicodan
www.lamanzanillamexico.info

Jan 14th, 2002, 03:22 PM
loangalsal

I agree with JR & Mexico Dan. Skip the big all inclusive hotels in PV for sure. Excellent dining in PV. I also agree that the south side of town IS the "real" PV!

Jan 15th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Irene

I must agree with the above posts. The only place to stay is in the old town. I've been going to Vallarta now for the past 9 years, staying at Mismaloya area or the hotel strip. This year we stayed in the heart of the old town, and wow, what a differnce. You will never run out of fantastic restaurants, nor be bored with the vast array of shops and such this area has to offer. If you want a feel for the real Mexico, stay in the old town.

Jan 15th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Shana

Hi. We've been to PV and stayed in Nuevo. This yr. we will stay in the hotel zone. I love all inclusive hotels! The "old PV" is very nice,too, but I like going back to my awesome accomodations, too. I will try the Old Town someday. But this is our 2nd time visiting PV. Ib guess I am more use to Canadian-type accommodations. It's really an individual thing. Do what is best for you! But you will have fun in PV no matter where you stay!!

Jan 17th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Cathy

Hi, I have been going to PV for 10 years. Playa Los Arcos is in a great location, great beach spot, nice pool and is right in the middle of the "old town action". It is not luxurious but it is very nice. I have stayed in the hotel zone strip as well as in the Los Muertos beach area. The Los Arcos area I feel can't be beat.