Our trip to San Miguel de Allende

Old Oct 6th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our trip to San Miguel de Allende

We 4 adventurous women will be in SMdA on vacation and exploring future living possibilities. Reserved 2 rooms/apartments at Casa de Hespuedes but have no idea if it's o.k.?? Nothing real fancy required. I'd love to talk with you, Mike, about the buying & building experience, too. Also, we plan to attend some Day of the Dead festivities there or at Patzcuaro, perhaps have our own ceremony, too, if not intrusive to the people. Suggestions? Thoughts? Thx.
Old Oct 7th, 2005, 06:22 AM

jj,

I assume you mean Casa de Huéspedes at Calle Jésus 41. Sra. Campos recently got rave reviews from several folks at tripadvisor SMdA forum.
I like Calle Jésus and despite being 2 (fairly short and and minimally inclined) blocks from El Jardin, it's pretty quiet.

There is an article in today's on line NYTs about SMdA real estate (www.nytimes.com - scroll to bottom left).

You may reach me at [email protected] with more questions and I'll give you my local and VoIP phone #s.

M
Old Oct 7th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. I will get in touch when we're there. The Casa de Huespedes we found in the Lonely Planet book is one at Mesones 27. It's 2 habitaciones, una con cocina. "Pleasant upstairs hostelry" with a roof terrace view is all it says. And it's pretty cheap. We could change reservations, though, so I'll check out the tripadvisor about the one you mentioned.
Old Oct 7th, 2005, 01:24 PM

jj,
Mesones is pretty busy. Based on the reviews, you would probably prefer Jésus and it looked reasonable.
M
Old Oct 7th, 2005, 03:05 PM

jj,

Just went by the place at Mesones 27. It's at the busiest corner: a liquor store on the corner and two chicken shops on the other side - it's pretty shabby.
Strongly advise you try Sra Campos if you found the reviews satisfactory.
M
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 11:30 AM

ttt
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Original Poster

Mikeo, does tttt mean something? I checked out the tripadvisor forum, as you know. Sra. Campos' place, for which I have no contact info, from the postings doesn't seem like it has 2-bed rooms (we need 4 beds) nor a place to do some lite cooking. Posada El Mayorazgo, Hidalgo 8, is another budget place with a kitchenette "comfortable, around a sunny courtyard." I spoke with them and 2 of their habitaciones are within our budget. I asked at both places about bathrooms, but now I'm wondering if I should ask about hot water and heat. I hate being cold. How's the weather now?
Anyway, time's flying by and it'll probably work out somewhere.
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 09:28 AM

Hola jj,
ttt is a simple way to ask if you have received the response, but not responded: well, anyway, Hidalgo 8 is busy too.
I'm happy always happy to help, but there are very many recommedations here and especially on trip advisors.
M