Reload this Page >

Osa Peninsula Lodge - Lapa Rios, Aguila de Osa, or Bosque del Cabo

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 04:50 PM
AJ

We are interested in spending a week on the Osa Peninsula with our three kids. Has anyone been to any of theses lodges: Aguila de Osa, Bosque del Cabo, or Lapa Rios? Is there electricity? Good for kids? Near beaches? Thanks for your information.

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 07:13 PM
JoAnn

Suggetstion--go to www.casualforums.com/globe/CR_forum/ for a BBS on Costa Rica--a lot of the questions are answered by people who live in CR or own businesses there. Very informative BBS.

Old Jul 1st, 1999, 06:48 AM
AJ

Thanks, JoAnn, but I tried that site already, and cannot find the forum. I'll try again.

Old Jul 1st, 1999, 12:43 PM
JoAnn

Copied this from the "address" line of my browser--maybe you need all this stuff. Looked like it was still in operation. Good luck. <BR>http://www.casualforums.com/globe/CR...rum=forum_01&r <BR>Here are some others: <BR>http://sony.inergy.com/CRica <BR>www.vanweb.com <BR>www.costanet.com <BR>www.costaricacalling.com

Old Jul 1st, 1999, 01:12 PM
lisa

While I haven't stayed at any of these, I have been doing a lot of research on Costa Rica in preparation for a trip in November, and based on what I've read and heard it seems like Lapa Rios is THE place to stay on the Osa Peninsula. It does have electricity but you are not allowed to use hair dryers because they cause power surges. Solar heating provides warm water for showers, although I have heard from some past guests that the water was not that warm (although they said it didn't matter because in such warm weather you don't really want terribly hot showers anyway). If you haven't checked out their official website you should at http://www.laparios.com/ (there is more than one website for Lapa Rios but the official one provides far more information than the others). Be sure to check out the section on frequently asked questions -- it is pretty comprehensive. I am not sure how good Lapa Rios is for kids, because I believe that the lodgings are perched high up, although some bungalows may be better for kids than others. The lodgings are all open-air and look wonderful in the photos.

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 02:59 PM
susan

We spent 6 glorious days at Lapa Rios in April and it is almost heaven itself! Excellent location, beautiful area, great hospitality, unbelievable number of birds and animals, food was amazing! However, LapaRios is not necessarily a place for children - especially small kids. I would encourage you to write to them (www.laparios.com has email address) - there were no children there when we visited and all 14 bungalows were full the entire time. I believe they cater to couples, possibly families with older kids (teen-age). There is nothing in the way of American entertainment (stereo, tv) - however it would suite families looking for an all-outdoor vacation - great hikes, beaches, etc. Write them - I am sure they will be able to advise you!