Search

Cancun JW or Le Meridien?

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2003, 08:35 AM
fer
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cancun JW or Le Meridien?

I am planning a week in Cancun during june. Any suggestion on the JW or Le Meridien?
Old May 30th, 2003, 05:41 PM
fer
Original Poster

Any suggestion?
Old May 31st, 2003, 09:43 AM

The three best hotels in Cancun:

JW Marriott
Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach
Ritz Carlton
Old May 31st, 2003, 05:46 PM
fer
Original Poster

Thanks Diana. I think we are deciding on the JW. Any comment or suggestion will be mostly welcome.
Old May 31st, 2003, 06:30 PM

My only other suggestion would be not to get a meal plan.
There are so many wonderful restaurants in Cancun.
Have a great time!
Old May 31st, 2003, 07:35 PM

JW Marriot does NOT offer a meal plan .. and if they do, I will be very annoyed as the only reason I eneded up shoosing another property (Riu Palace) was for this reason alone. With two children and a wife doesn't feel adventurous in Mexico for unrealistic reasons (sickess) ... I didn't want to have to do the trek to restaurants nightly. The more important reason is that I am on vacation and don't need to be reminded of money being spent with ever drink, snack, food order most of the day/night. I'd rather know that I am staying at a highly rated property that offers me everything When I travel to Europe, I want to find the outof the way little restaurants.. in Mexico .. I don't want to be schlepping .. ( A nice NYC term)
Old May 31st, 2003, 08:16 PM

hi alde,
since you've put a lot of thought into your vacation, please give a review of the hotel you've stayed at when you return. Thanks. Hope you have a great trip!
frankie
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 09:16 PM

I stayed at the Le Meridien last year and wasn't impressed by the service or the room quality or the view. I usually stay at the Ritz and the Le Meridien is not even come close. I'd stay at the JW or the Ritz; which is exactly what I'm doing in in July.
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 05:39 AM

We just returned from Cancun, and saw the JW property, though we did not stay there. Beautiful! And nearby, on the "bay" side is a wonderful resturant call the Laguna Grill. Very special place. If this is your first trip, be warned about the airport! Once you get your baggage, head for the door, eyes ahead, focused! The timeshare folks are ALL over the place, yelling "transportation", but your REAL transportation is gotten outside the doors of the airport! It can be quite a gauntlet!
Old Jun 10th, 2003, 12:48 PM

I just got back from the JW Marriott yesterday and LOVED it! Try their breakfast buffet and the Italian restaurant Gustino's located in the resort. It is kind of pricy, but worth it. We also took the bus and ate at many wonderful restaurants outside the property as well...Do not book any tours at the hotel, we found that the tours offered at the malls were a lot cheaper. We took an all inclusive trip to XelHa for $79 a person, but later found a place in the Plaza Caracol for only $60. Take the jungle tour, it was a lot of fun as well as Isla Mujeres. Have fun!