Search

Osa, Gofito area

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 06:18 PM
JJ

Osa, Gofito area

can anyone recommend a place to stay in these areas for this late Dec. for a family with 2 kids (8 & 10) that is near safe beach, has lots of wildlife and maybe a pool? Lapas Rios sounds great but it is too expensive and I'm not sure if it is kid friendly. We have been to the Quepos are (Tulemar Bungalows) and enjoyed it. But are interested in more lush rainforest. Thanks!

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 07:42 AM
lisa

I actually do think that Lapa Rios is kid-friendly, but you're right, it is very expensive.

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 07:59 AM
Iza

I have not been there myself but our travel agent recommended Tiskita Jungle Lodge. Apparently it is very kid friendly and less expensive than Lapa Rios. It also includes some of the activities that you otherwise would have to pay extra for within the price. They have a website at www.tiskita-lodge.co.cr.

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 08:03 AM
Ally

JJ, <BR>I looked at the site for Tiskita Lodge, and while it does look nice, it's not on the Osa. <BR>My husband and I stayed at a place near Lapas Rios called Rancho Almendros. While it not as upscale as Lapas, (we hiked up to that property and looked at one of the rooms and it's VERY nice)it's comfortable and a lot less expensive and much closer to the beach...but the pool is not really a 'pool' at all. It's more like a very LARGE round bathtub, maybe 5 or 6 times the size of a standard tub, and is only about 1 1/2 ft deep, but it's very nice and private, and it's very refreshing as it is spring fed. We loved it. Food was real good too, but if you like the 'grape' get your own when in town because the Ranch only had beer. <BR>Check the web site at : <BR>www.home.earthlink.net/~Kapu, or just do a search for "Rancho Almendros, Osa" <BR>Good luck.

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 03:46 PM
jj

I checked out the website for the Rancho Almendros and thought it sounded great. I e-mailed them enquiring about whether it was ok for kids, and here's what I got back: <BR>"The area is a little bit wild for children who tend to wander off trails dangerously and also, the surf in front of the Rancho is great for <BR>surfers but is very dangerous for swimming." <BR>Oh well, I will now check out Tiskita. Anyone else with suggestions? Thanks to all. <BR>

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 12:12 PM
lisa

There was another place on Osa that was highly recommended in Frommers Costa Rica guidebook that I have heard is very nice and less expensive than Lapa Rios -- I can't remember the name, but if you go to the library or bookstore I'm sure you can find it.