One-way transportation from Cabo San Lucas hotel to the airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2018, 10:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our group of four will be visiting Cabo San Lucas in December. We are arriving together and plan to take a one-way shuttle from the airport to our hotel. The return trip is a little more complicated because 1 member of our party will be leaving at a different time. I read that you cannot book a one-way trip from the hotel to the airport. Is there another way to get from the hotel in CSL to the airport?
Your advice would be appreciated.
Old Dec 6th, 2018, 08:51 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
It depends on the hotel. Some discourage (or don't allow) the return shuttles to pick up on their resort property, is probably what you read.

But that is not universally true. Because I took one from a downtown hotel (Mar de Cortez) on my Cabo trip... there was a sign up sheet in the lobby that you could put your name on a couple days before you needed the pick up.
Old Dec 6th, 2018, 09:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by servins
Our group of four will be visiting Cabo San Lucas in December. We are arriving together and plan to take a one-way shuttle from the airport to our hotel. The return trip is a little more complicated because 1 member of our party will be leaving at a different time. I read that you cannot book a one-way trip from the hotel to the airport. Is there another way to get from the hotel in CSL to the airport?
Your advice would be appreciated.
I think you will be able to book a round-trip for everyone if you explain the situation at the airport to the shuttle company. If not, you can always take a taxi back to the airport.
Old Dec 6th, 2018, 10:35 AM

Tom, This is something that happens in Cabo that I've never heard of in other places. Where certain resorts won't let the shuttle companies pick up on their property. The shuttle companies were not willing to book a round-trip in advance from certain pick-up spots.
Old Dec 6th, 2018, 11:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by suze
Tom, This is something that happens in Cabo that I've never heard of in other places. Where certain resorts won't let the shuttle companies pick up on their property. The shuttle companies were not willing to book a round-trip in advance from certain pick-up spots.
I was there over the summer and that wasn't an issue, at least not where I was staying (Hyatt Ziva). Seems like an odd rule.
Old Dec 6th, 2018, 11:12 AM

Yes I know it's odd. And seems strangely unique to Cabo. I know it's not everywhere but that some resorts are strict about it. You can check in on the Cabo Trip Advisor forum to read more about it.
Old Dec 6th, 2018, 02:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The round trip rule is due to the Taxi Union. I have used Cabo San Lucas Tours for transportation. Send an email to explain your situation. I have also used Cape Travel.

https://www.cabosanlucastours.net/Ai...sportation.htm

Where will you be staying? We were just there last month and go pretty much every November. We have used airport shuttles, but it in recent years, have rented a car. Husbands like to go fishing quite a bit and we like to go to town to dine every evening.
Old Dec 6th, 2018, 02:19 PM

One can book one way to the airport with a taxi.
Old Dec 10th, 2018, 07:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are staying at Villa del Arco. They recommend we contact DestinationCabo.com to arrange for transportation from the airport. The roundtrip fee is a bit high but doable...my concern is that one member of our party is leaving at a different time and would likely incur a separate return fee.
Old Dec 10th, 2018, 10:40 AM

Transportation can be a flat fee for the whole vehicle or per person. Choose which will work best for your situation. These companies deal with groups with different arrival/departure times.
Old Dec 10th, 2018, 03:01 PM

I looked at Cabo San Lucas Tours. RT Villa Del Arco is $36/person.
Old Dec 11th, 2018, 01:52 PM

https://www.cabosanlucastours.net/

that is the same company i used.