Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

One night in Puerto Vallarta after 5 nights at Majahuitas. Where to stay?

Jun 23rd, 2005, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

We'll be there in February. I checked with Hacienda San Angel and they are reluctant to take a one night reservation. We'd like to stay somewhere in town with character and comfort. Suggestions?
Thanks.
-Bill
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:21 AM

I am looking for the same info Bill. Maria Cortez and Casa Andrea do not book 1 night either. A lot of other places are full & this is for October! Let me know if you find anything interesting.
Jun 23rd, 2005, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

Peggy,

What places have you checked? How about Molino de Agua?

-Bill
Jun 23rd, 2005, 08:51 AM

no, I haven't checked there. We were hoping more for the Los Muertos Beach area. Isn't that downtown? We just want to be able to walk to a beach restaurant and shops. Would that do?
Jun 23rd, 2005, 09:17 AM

Premiere Hotel?
Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:55 AM

Molino de Agua is an excellent idea for a 1 night stay (since most of the 'boutique' places won't book it).

Peggy- Molino de Agua IS on Playa Los Muertos which is the main local beach on the southside. It sets just south of the Rio Cuale.

It's a beautiful hotel and property, an old mango grove I think. I know it's been for sale so possibly undergoing managements changes. It has two huge lovely pool areas and sometimes a restaurant open. It is THE most central location possible IMO.
Jun 23rd, 2005, 11:57 AM

Casa Claudia is another thought. It is back just north of El Centro (not on the southside) but people seem to love the place. It's a bit larger than the others mentioned, so maybe a 1 night possible?
Jun 23rd, 2005, 01:22 PM
Original Poster

Thanks suze and frankie. The Premiere is booked. Casa Claudia is now taking only monthly rentals. I think I'll book Molino de Agua and keep trying back at Hacienda San Angel and Premiere for a cancellation.
Thanks again!
-Bill
Jun 23rd, 2005, 03:35 PM
Original Poster

Well the Villa Premiere does have rooms available, so it looks like we are going to stay there for the night.
Thanks for the suggestion frankie as I did not realize it was close to downtown.

-Bill
Jun 24th, 2005, 07:27 AM

let us know how you liked it and Majahitas, of course. Now, you just have to wait all the way til February !
Jun 24th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Original Poster

frankie,
Will do. Majahuitas has been on my wish list for awhile, so I'm very excited about finally getting to visit. I've used Different World to book both hotels. So far they have been great. As far as the waiting...it's only...204 days away!

Jun 24th, 2005, 10:33 AM

Hello! Well I got an e-mail from Andrea last night & she said they would take a one night rental for October! Thanks for the help suze from other posts. It looks great. We are going to fly into PV, spend one night at Marriott just to see the resort, drive to El Careyes for five nights (been already, loved it), then return to Casa Andrea. Now I have to find out how to book dinner on the beach at Las Palapas that night...
Jun 25th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Original Poster

Peggy,

http://www.lapalapapv.com/

Have a great trip.

-Bill
Jun 28th, 2005, 07:38 AM

that's great Peggy, that you will hav Casa Andrea for the one night. it's the sweetest place. while i know her policy is typically weekly rentals, even in the busy season if her rooms are empty and someone walks in, they are welcoming and flexible about length of stays. hope you enjoy it as much as i have on several stays in the past.
Jun 28th, 2005, 10:09 AM

Perfect, now I have my reservations at Las Palapas too. Thank you so much for the help!