Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

One Day Pool day pass ? Costa Maya, Belize and Cozumel?

Old Jun 7th, 2004, 05:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Traveling to these ports week starting June 19 a on the Carnival Glory would like to have the option of using a swimming pool when we come on-shore.

Do any of the land resorts provide day passes in Costa Maya, Belize or Cozumel?

Most interested in Belize, when mom and teenage son go off to do the cave tubing. My daughters are too small to do this and a day at the pool is their preference.

We will do family days at the beach as well?

Thanks to all for your help.
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 12:07 PM

Stash - just replied to your other thread about Belize excursions. Also - check out Chankanaab in Cozumel. There is no pool there that I am aware of but there is a great beach & snorkeling lagoon. Plus they have the dolphin experience there for an additional cost. You can get a taxi ride for $10 each way from the ship & the entrance fee is $10 per person (may be less for kids). There are beach chairs & shade palapas included as well as botantical gardens, lagoon, etc. They rent snorkel gear for $6 & they have lockers for rent for $3 for your valuables. Also have bathrooms, showers, etc. And, a great restaurant right on the sand with awesome chicken fajitas & a mariachi band!
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 04:52 PM

Stash: I'm interested to know how you like this cruise. I thought about taking it in the future, I liked the ports of call.

The only time I did a Carnival Cruise it was on the Mexican Rivera (Western side of Mexico). They always had a hotel pool/beach to go to with every port. They usually picked nice pools that were family orientated. It made it easy to go to, hassle free, since it was already set up with the cruiselines. They also provide the kids club on board during ports of call if you wanted to do something a little adventuresome on land. My kids were only 3 & 4 years old at the time. I remember shopping in the morning at the ports of call then going back to the ship to pick up the kids to take them to the beach/pool later in the day. I don't know how old your daughter is but if she is really young sometimes this is a nice arrangement. It's a little more comfortable on the kids if they are really young and it allows you to do a little exploring.

Mariann