Search

On my own in Los Cabos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On my own in Los Cabos

Decided to travel on my own for only the second time in my life and wondering if anyone had any tips for a single female in Cabo?

I will be staying at the Hilton so I'm sure there will be plenty to do on the resort during the day. But I'm worried that I will be bored once night time comes and everyone hits the clubs.

Would it be safe to venture out on my own to downtown in the evening? Or any other suggestions for safe night time activites?
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 11:53 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes it's safe to go downtown alone in the evening. I spent a week solo in Cabo San Lucas a few years ago and had a fantastic trip. But I stayed at a local hotel right downtown (Mar de Cortez) so I could walk to everything very easily. I'm guessing for you it might be most comfortable if you try to make some friends at the resort to share a taxi into town in the evenings (either other singles, or teaming up with a couple or group of people).
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks suze! I will try to make some friends to hang out with..
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 08:42 AM

The streets in downtown Cabo are very busy with lots of people out all hours of the night and day. The Paraiso Mall is a fun place to check out. I was there during the day but am guessing they're open evenings too. Most of the clubs and bars are open air (or at least open to the street) so it's easy to walk around and see what's what even before going in.

I was there solo but didn't really do nightlife. Honestly after a long hard day (lol) at the beach or the hotel pool, usually I just went out for a couple drinks and a nice dinner somewhere nearby, then called it a night!
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Original Poster

Yea. That sounds like what I would do too. The difference is I'm staying at the Hilton, which is a decent cab ride away from downtown. So unless I planned on staying at the resort the whole time, I would have to head out on my own.. or make some friends as you suggested. Definitely planning to put in my time at the beach/pool/spa during the day so maybe I will be too tired after all that too!
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 06:31 AM

We just returned from our second trip to the Hilton Los Cabos. You will enjoy it there!

There is a bus stop across from the hotel which goes to Cabo San Lucas and I think there is one also one which goes to San Jose del Cabo which we preferred. The Hilton may even have a shuttle service. If you call them they will fill you in on what they have available for transportation. We had a car so we did not use the bus or shuttle.

Often in the evenings the Hilton has outdoor events for companies and they have entertainment outside so that just about all guests can actually watch the shows from their balconies (request that your room does not face the Melia next door). On our most recent trip, upon returning from dinner off property, we saw wonderful entertainment - music, dancing and even fireworks, on 3 evenings.

If you think you might want a small fridge in your room, request it now. Comes in handy for wine, beer, snacks, etc.

Enjoy your trip!
Old Mar 16th, 2013, 08:55 PM

You are a good taxi ride into town. I think the Hilton will have a shuttle to go there and back for a cheaper rate. The city s fun but can be tricky. Just stay in the busy area if your traveling alone. The marina area is fun with a few clubs. It is very safe.

Best to meet a group at your pool and go as a group.

try Madano beach one day. At Mango deck You can hang out in a beach chair and watch the world go by.

Cabo wabo is great fun. Some of the others are pretty much drink em up joints
A one day car rental would cost the same as one RT in a taxi to cabo central
Old Mar 17th, 2013, 07:12 AM

I'm not sure what's "tricky" about downtown. I wouldn't recommend renting a car for a solo traveler to Mexico myself.