Reload this Page >

Oaxaca City to Huatulco help.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:05 AM
sara

Hi, I'm trying to get a direct flight from Oaxaca City to Huatulco and all of the travel agents that I have talked with tell me that I have to fly back to Mexico City and then down to the coast. Does anybody have any information on this? I was planning on a trip in early May. Thank you for your help.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:25 PM
Earl

Sara, <BR>We made the same trip last June. We flew on a Mexicana subsidiary, Aerocaribe, and the flight number was 7412.<BR>The plane was a twin engine turbo-prop that held 29 passengers. I believe that we left around 11 in the morning and landed about 40 minutes later. It was the only direct flight that we could find. Check out the Mexicana website. Eme if you need any more info.<BR>

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:58 PM
D

There are daily flights from Oaxaca City on puddle jumpers and aerocaribe. If you want to save some money first classes buses take from 8-10 hours. If you don't mind windy roads its kind of interesting.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:06 PM
S

Aerotucan flies out of Oaxaca City to Huatulco. If you read Spanish information is here: <BR><BR>http://www.oaxaca-mio.com/invita.htm<BR><BR>It also has Aerotucan's e-mail address so you could contact them directly.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:21 AM
Rick

Aerocaribe, a subsidiary of Mexican Airline has &quot;temporarily&quot; cancelled the Oaxaca to Huatulco flight. At the moment Aerotuc&aacute;n is the best bet (cost 1230 pesos. This can be booked in Huatulco or in Oaxaca.<BR>Rick

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:14 PM
sara

Thanks to everyone who responded. I was about to give up on this trip but I've been looking foward to it for to long. I'll check out the Aerotucan flights. Worse comes to worse I'll just have to layover in Mexico City. I wonder why the Aerocaribe flights were cancelled?