Oaxaca and Playa del Carmen

Oct 26th, 2003, 04:49 PM
Original Poster

Oaxaca and Playa del Carmen

My daughter will be studying in Oaxaca this spring and my husband and I plan to visit her there at the end of her semester (mid-May). We were thinking of spending some time at Playa del Carmen first, but I am wondering if getting from there to Oaxaca is realistic, or would it be either terribly expensive or time consuming. I know we could fly, but has anyone actually done that without breaking the bank? (It looks like our flights would be Boston-Cancun; Cancun-Oaxaca; Oaxaca-Mexico City-Boston.)

We have ruled out Huatalco, for various reasons, so please don't tell me that's what I should do instead!

Thanks.

Liz
Oct 26th, 2003, 06:02 PM

don't know why you've ruled out Hualtulco, but it is a pretty little resort orwn, and would be vastly better than trying to get to PDC. Suggest you reconsider.
Oct 26th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Original Poster

Anyone else--someone who is willing to take at face value my request not to be urged to go to Hutaclo?
Oct 26th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

Please excuse the poor typing--I meant to write "Huatulco."
Oct 27th, 2003, 04:46 AM

You basically have to start checking prices. It may well be cheapest to book a round trip from Oaxaca to PDC. You will probably have to go via Mexico City to make this trip. Also Check a trip on Aerocaribe out of Oaxaca. See how close they fly to PDC, then you could take a first class bus. Finally, if you can handle a long bus trip you could go all the way from Oaxaca on first classes buses and do the whole thing on the cheap. Good luck.

Search this Thread