Search

NYC to Roatan best route?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 01:52 PM
mad
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NYC to Roatan best route?

Any recommendations on the easiest way to get to Roatan. The flights are terrible leaving from the NYC area going directly to Roatan (both timing and cost). Would it make more sense to fly into San Pedro Sula and then get a flight from there to Roatan?
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 07:01 PM

I didn't think you could fly between NY and Roatan without connecting somewhere. You don't say when you're going. I picked some random dates for fall on Taca. Leave JFK mid-morning. Get to Roatan at 4 p.m. On the return, leave Roatan late morning and get to JFK about 10 p.m. Connect in El Salvador both ways, which is very easy. Total = $845. Those times seem great to me. Keep in mind that Central America is two hours behind NYC this time of year, so you gain time flying down and lose it flying up.
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 04:19 AM
mad
Original Poster

Thanks Jeff- We're going in February. I'll double check those Taca flights (not my favorite airline). The flights I saw all left in the middle of the night or super early and arrived back really late at night, but I'll def check again. Thanks!
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 06:10 AM

Give it a look and see if it works for you. In February it will be just a one-hour time difference. Honduras doesn't do DST, which is why it's two hours this time of year.
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 02:12 PM
mad
Original Poster

For anyone who might be reading this, I found the best deal by far with American Airlines- departure times and prices are the best.
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 05:02 PM

American's flights start in mid-November. Flights are on Saturday only.
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 09:21 AM

We go to Roatan twice a year. We usually fly from Newark (EWR) - using United - there is a two hour layover in Houston and then straight to Roatan. If you can avoid San Pedro Sula - I would.

As far as the schedule - YES - they all leave VERY early in the morning and arrive very late at ight - we usually leave at 5:30 am and get back after midnight...it is WELL worth it.
Also try and use Priceline. We found the exact same Uited Flight for $200.00 cheaper thn was posted on the United website.
Old Sep 6th, 2012, 02:50 PM
mad
Original Poster

Denise- you may want to check out the American flights out of LGA. they leave on Saturdays at 8:30 a.m with a short stop in Miami. the prices are half the price of the other airlines for February.