Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   NYC to EZE in April - Airfares? (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/nyc-to-eze-in-april-airfares-666440/)

DKG50 Dec 27th, 2006 12:25 PM

NYC to EZE in April - Airfares?

Dear All,

As some may remember, I was once looking for cheap tix from NYC to EZE in February. Now that alternate travel plans have been made for my February, I am focusing on NYC to EZE for the first week of April.

I have already seen $811 nonstop on American and $840 nonstop on Aerolinas Argentinas. Are these reasonable fares? Can I expect them to drop even further?

Thanks,

DKG50

avrooster Dec 27th, 2006 01:05 PM

Those fares sound very good, IMHO.

SShprints Dec 27th, 2006 02:14 PM

i paid 700 when i went 2 years ago in November...but I think 800 is good..the prices may fluctuate a bit in either firection but by no more than $50.
Sergey

mikemo Dec 27th, 2006 02:28 PM

We used our DAL Sky Miles for Bus MEX-EZE on Avianca and SCL-MEX on AeroMexico.
The Avianca was not worth the miles, but AM was great.
Take Ambien.
M

DKG50 Dec 28th, 2006 06:04 AM

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. I'm also getting the sense that around 800 dollars is a good deal for a nonstop flight. After some additional research, I have found that certain aerolinas argentinas flights DO NOT show up on kayak.com or sidestep searches. It's an interesting fact to note. Thanks again and any additional bits of information would be most welcome!

Regards,

DKG50

Graziella5b Dec 30th, 2006 11:54 AM

Give a try to wholesalers, they usually have better rates, I often use Vista South America located in Miami. There are many

DKG50 Jan 3rd, 2007 04:08 PM

Tickets purchased! $840 nonstop including taxes JFK to EZE! Hurrah!

Thanks for your help! Now we have to find a hotel....

DKG50

nitajan Jan 3rd, 2007 06:27 PM

Ah, good deal. I just bought JFK-EZE for much more just a couple of days ago. :(

DKG50 Jan 4th, 2007 01:53 AM

Nitajan, there may be hope. If you bought directly from AA.com, you can call back and they will refund the difference. The fare is still at 840 USD right now. Not many people know about this policy, but apparently AA.com is one of the only airlines that does it! Good luck!

DKG50

Graziella5b Jan 7th, 2007 12:26 AM

Hi DKG50 did you buy your ticket in aa.com?

DKG50 Jan 7th, 2007 05:17 AM

Hi there,

I initially used kayak.com for the NYC to EZE search. Kayak then provides links to the vendors for the tickets. At the time, aa.com was the cheapest vendor, so I bought directly from them. Also, in order to the the "refund" if the ticket prices drops, one needs to purchase from aa.com NOT one of the other online vendors like expedia or orbitz, etc. However, I have also recently found out that the "refund" that is given by aa.com if the price of your tickets drops after you purchase them is only really available if the price drop exceeds the cost of doing a ticket exchange. Of course you wouldn't really be exchanging any tickets since you would be on the same flight but that's what the aa.com policy is - it's still better than other airlines, I think. Good luck!

DKG50

nitajan Jan 13th, 2007 09:08 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. The difference was smaller than the change fee (which was $200!). At least one of our tickets was with FF miles.

TimNYC Jan 17th, 2007 06:27 PM

If anyone is thinking of going last minute. In 2006, Continental airlines ran a fare special from Newark to BA for just over 400 USD. That didn't go on sale until March and ran from late March into April.